PDA

View Full Version : 1st aid expires sooner than I realised!

catminder
18-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Hi all,
I've just realised my first aid certificate expires a month earliear than I thought it did.
I've found a course to attend at the end of next month but it doesn't start until 3 days after my certificate expires.
Just wondering if anyone was aware if ofsted allow us any leeway in this situation. I suspect the answer will be no they don't but thought I'd ask for some advice.
Thanks, Alison X

mrs robbie williams
18-04-2013, 01:25 PM
im in the situation i thought mine ran out in may but it was march :eek: i rang ofsted and they just made a note on my file to say i was booked to attend the next one i can which is in may and no further action will be taken x

Mouse
18-04-2013, 01:27 PM
There was a similar post the other day and the cm phoned Ofsted to explain the situation. Ofsted said it was OK, they would make a note of it.

Give them a ring and hopefully they'll tell you the same :thumbsup:

Mouse
18-04-2013, 01:28 PM
im in the situation i thought mine ran out in may but it was march :eek: i rang ofsted and they just made a note on my file to say i was booked to attend the next one i can which is in may and no further action will be taken x

Ah, it was you! I couldn't remember who posted about it :laughing:

mrs robbie williams
18-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Ah, it was you! I couldn't remember who posted about it :laughing:

lol yep that would be me :laughing:

carol cameron
19-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Be sure to make a note of who you spoke to at Ofsted!.
I looked at renewing my first aid course which ran over two consecutive saturdays. My certificate was due to expire the day before the second session and I was told that I would need to do the course earlier to make sure this didn't happen.

LittleVoice
20-04-2013, 07:09 PM
A friend of mine (in Durham) has just been marked as inadequate beacuse the 2nd day of her first aid course was a week after her other had expired.
When she told the inspector that she hadnt been able to get on one soon their reply was, you know 3 years in advance when your first aid expires so there is no reason why you cant find a course before then. She too had informed Ofsted about this and when she then queried it she was told its it down to the discretion of the inspector.
Im not wanting to scare you, just wanted you to know what happened to her.

bindy
20-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Don't worry if you are a few days late. If you are not having or due an inspection, you will be fine. Ofsted do not know if you were late doing it,all they want to see is one in date, if not, they will down grade you. Happend to a few friends.