PDA

View Full Version : Medical question

lucyk
15-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Im in the middle of my childminding training. Yesterday I fainted in my bathroom and was out for a second. I went to the drs today and my blood pressure was a bit low. I'd been feeling a bit sick and hadn't eaten all day so I think that was probably why. Will I be able to pass my medical to become a childminder?

phoenix2010
16-04-2013, 10:44 AM
I think it would depend on whether it happens again or if the cause has been treated and its not likely to happen again
Your doctor might include it in your medical or may not depending of if they think it is relevant
if he does include it then OFSTED may want clarification from you that it has been resolved
I dont think it will stop you childminding , it might just mean some extra questions are asked

hectors house
16-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Hope you are feeling better now - did the doctor say you needed to have any more tests? Don't know what they do for low blood pressure but obviously you wouldn't want to pass out in the bathroom again and knock yourself out while you have mindees in the house.

lucyk
17-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the replies. I was told to drink more water and if it happens again to go back and see him. I was also feeling a bit sick at the time and hadn't eaten so I think that made it drop lower.