We've done lots of times:

Water
Sand
Foam
Paint - brushes/finger/cars onto paper, card, ceramic eggs, pine cones
Clay
Cold cooked spaghetti
Aqua draw

All these only last 10 minutes because she is so little - what else could we do? Mind gone blank?

hectors house
15-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Are you just looking for craft type activities or just anything to interest a lo? Also will depend on whether lo puts things in her mouth or not.

You could try dry pasta, rice, porridge oats, - for measuring, pouring or driving vehicles through, water beads, gloop, play dough (scented)

At this age I don't think it matters if they do the same activity over and over again - each time they may play with it or get something different out of it.

Tinkerbell1979
16-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Hi, yes I was.

Just don't want parents think its boring lol

hectors house
16-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Hi, yes I was.

Just don't want parents think its boring lol

I bet they don't do any of the activities you are doing at home, I have new one just starting (14 months old) I sat him up last week to do some colouring and it was immediately obvious that he has never held any kind of mark making equipment whereas the other 14 month old I have had since October loves painting and colouring, playdough etc

Carolc
16-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Have you tried gloop its cornfour and water, just a little though about half a cup to start with then add more if needed. It will then be had to touch but melt under your fingers when you press on it its very therapeutic Xx

Mrs.L.C
16-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Jelly
moon sand (8 cups flour 1 cup baby oil)

I wouldnt worry too much as its not easy to plan for younger children which is why Ofsted now like Child led play. Chat and sing with them and sometimes just sit back and see what they do with the toys

xxteddy77xx
22-04-2013, 01:05 PM
if the child does the same activity over and over you could try to adapt the activity to make it more interested or moving the child on through next steps
for example I have a child who loves playing with cars all day so instead of the child playing with the cars on the car mat & garage I would introduce painting with the cars to make marks and also use them in the sand and gloop.