PDA

View Full Version : For those in Scotland registered with the care commission

LeeAnn
02-07-2008, 06:49 PM
How long am I roughly looking at before being registered?

How long did it take you?
what was the process after you handing in you paperwork?Did you get a pre reg inspection?
what did they ask/check when coming for pre reg inspection? (if they do one)

sorry for all the Qs, just wondering

Thanks in advance

x x x x

Clever Clogs
02-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi there

When I rstarted registering it took about 4 1/2 months. It was at the end of last year so invoved the xmas hols which I think made things a bit longer. All my paperwork etc was finished by the middle of January but didn't get a pre-reg visit until middle of Feb. I've known someone who was registered in less than 3 months though so think it just depends on how usy the care commission are. I had a pre-reg visit which went well. If you have all your policies etc done for that I think it helps speed things up - or did with me anyway as I got my registration certificate about 10 days later. Are you far into the reg process just now?

Hope this has helped a bit.

Tracey

fionamal
02-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Hi there,

I think it took me approx 3 months in all from sending the paperwork away and eceiveing my certificate.

The Fire Safety officers came 2 weeks after sending the paperwork in and then 2 weeks after that I had my Pre-reg visit which was very informal but is handy if you have alot of your polcies all in place and a rough idea of routine, toys etc

hope it all goes well for you

LeeAnn
02-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I have handed in my application but that is it at the moment. I was hoping this would be a "quieter" time of year as all of their inspections etc have to be done by april and then they will have a backlog of applications to work through. So I am hoping it wont take too long. I think I could handle four more months at the job I am doing now ;) I have heard horror stories of it taking month upon month for the reg process to complete so I was scared that may happen to me.

I also have a lot of DIY going on in my house at the moment so a good 4-6 weeks before inspection would be good unless they don't mind 1/2 done laminate flooring LOL

x x x x

LeeAnn
02-07-2008, 07:05 PM
oh and I meant to say that I handed in a copy of all my policies and procedures with the application.

x x x x

samgeordie
02-07-2008, 07:08 PM
I sent my paperwork off at the beginning of Feb and was registered by mid-april, Ive been told by several people that I got mine very quickly and it usually takes longer. I guess it also depends how quickly your references reply back, dr replies and how quickly you get your inspection date as well.

They will be impressed that you have sent all your policies.

good luck

claireLouise
02-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Hiya Leeann,

I did my pre-registration in March and I have just received my Care Service registration Written agreement which I signed and put back in the post today. So that has taken just under 4 months. I hope that my certificate will be with me next week.

Becarefull of being too keen, I phoned to ask at what stage my application was and my CCO came out and did my home inmspection 10 minutes later as she was already in Livingston! It went really well once I got over the shock of her arrival.

I was asked Why Childminding, What I had to offer children, How many children did I want to be registered for, What parts of the house did I plan to use and what each room would be used for? What activities had I got planned for the children, Where did I plan to allow babies and children to sleep, Did I plan outings and had I dopne a risk assessment?

I was also was asked for a copy of my Home Risk Assessment.

She did an inspection asking me in each room what I planned to do to make the rooms safe for potential mindees.

The longest part of the process was getting a written report highlighting what actions I would need to undertake before registration could procgress this took nearly 2 months!

I also sent in my policies anmd procedures which does impress.

Good Luck.

Kind Regards

Claire