PDA

View Full Version : What paperwork do i need for this?

tarak
12-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Hi I have a lady comming to see me tomorrow morning. She needs me to collect her 2 children from school and take them straight home. Im at the school anyway collecting my daughter so is no problem but just wondered because they are not actually gona be comming to my setting do i need to get all the usual parental permissions etc?? Will do contract and records as normal but not sure about anything else??:confused:

natalieatk
12-04-2013, 08:11 PM
That's a strange arrangement? I'd get permission for car journey. But you won't need anything else really? Unless they up the hours? And just do a contract for this arrangement etc and just be clear about fees etc x

natalieatk
12-04-2013, 08:11 PM
And medical records emergency contact etc incase anything goes wrong on the journey home ? Or parents aren't there when you drop for whatever reason!

phoenix2010
12-04-2013, 08:12 PM
could you modify your usual permission form to reflect the type of care

you will still need permission to seek medical help or give first aid etc in case of illness or accident

most of the usual info about children , persons to contact , date of birth , medical history etc

twinkletots
12-04-2013, 09:32 PM
I would still fill in the usual contracts, child records, medical details etc. just explain to parent that this is standard procedure.

tarak
13-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Thanx guys. Just went through my normal paperwork in the end. Then hopfully im covered for any situation.:)

Rick
13-04-2013, 08:34 PM
That's a strange arrangement? I'd get permission for car journey. But you won't need anything else really? Unless they up the hours? And just do a contract for this arrangement etc and just be clear about fees etc x

I actually have a mindee who I pick up from home, take to school then pick up and quite often just drop back home again! He also comes on full days on other days too so not totally random!

bunyip
14-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Just make it absolutely clear you are charging for CM services based on your time. Make no mention of petrol/vehicle/journey details in the contract. Daft as it sounds, some LA's would consider this to be a taxi service, and thus expect you to register, licence and insure as a taxi. :p

Rick
14-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Just make it absolutely clear you are charging for CM services based on your time. Make no mention of petrol/vehicle/journey details in the contract. Daft as it sounds, some LA's would consider this to be a taxi service, and thus expect you to register, licence and insure as a taxi. :p

I walk with my mindee as not that far so I won't be branded as a taxi :p :D

bunyip
14-04-2013, 04:23 PM
I walk with my mindee as not that far so I won't be branded as a taxi :p :D

Brilliant. Always nice to find another CM who knows what his legs are for. :thumbsup:

When I became registered, one of the village school teachers told me, "the head doesn't like CMs cos they make the parking situation around school even worse."

I told her, "I walk everywhere, so she'll have to find a different reason to dislike me."

(Actually, it didn't take her that long to do so. :p )

Rick
14-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Brilliant. Always nice to find another CM who knows what his legs are for. :thumbsup:

When I became registered, one of the village school teachers told me, "the head doesn't like CMs cos they make the parking situation around school even worse."

I told her, "I walk everywhere, so she'll have to find a different reason to dislike me."

(Actually, it didn't take her that long to do so. :p )

Really....that does surprise me :laughing:
Never one to mince your words :D

MessybutHappy
14-04-2013, 07:44 PM
How do cm's add to the parking issues? I reduce them...one less parent collecting ' cos I am!

And Bunyip we do walk most places, but I don't make my teeny tiny two year old climb the hill back from school, so please don't be cross!! ;)

bunyip
15-04-2013, 09:41 AM
How do cm's add to the parking issues? I reduce them...one less parent collecting ' cos I am!

And Bunyip we do walk most places, but I don't make my teeny tiny two year old climb the hill back from school, so please don't be cross!! ;)

Am I sensing a need for a sub-group of walking CMs? :D

No, I still can't figure how the school thinks CMs add to the parking problem. I don't drive, and the other CMs collect 3+ children each on an average day. They park responsibly on the street or at the village hall which allows parking specifically for drivers doing the school run.

In contrast, the school has allocated an on-site parking space to the after-school club/nursery from the next town, whilst banning all other non-staff vehicles from the grounds (excepting mobility needs.) They bring a mini-bus and collect one child, sometimes two. I swear they only use such a big vehicle cos it has their logo and phone number on it - it's like a mobile billboard, advertising to the parents. They don't drive too safely either. The village CMs are furious about this. The school and this after-school club are so cosied-up together, it drives us mad. :angry: Especially as the head makes a big deal of being "community-focused". She tells parents to use the after-school club cos "there are no CMs in the village". This is after we've spent years supporting school events, fund-raisers, etc. :angry: