PDA

View Full Version : Only just booking CYPOP, but already had enquiry - what should I do?

Newtochildcare
11-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Hello,

Okay, so having attended a registration course last year, and only just getting around to registering due to moving house, I last week realised I had to redo the course. Which I am more than happy to do, and am in the process of sorting. Last week however, a friend of a friend called me to say she is desperate for a minder to have her two children from September. The ages of these children will fit perfectly in with my current life. I have a 4 year old daughter, due to start school in september, and an 18 month old who will be 23 months in September. The children in question are a girl of 4, also due to start the same school as my daughter, and a little boy who will be 16 months old in september. The mum will have every wednesday off, so I would also keep that day off to do my own thing with my little boy (and probably a bit of housework!) :littleangel:

ANYWAY, back to my point! So, I will be doing the CYPOP5, and hoping to attend the tutored session on 18th May. If I attend this date, I can have one of two submission dates, either 10th June, or 10th July. I also understand that the inspection visit won't even go ahead until I am in possession of mt certificate from the course. Obviously, if I want to mind these children, I need to crack on asap in order to get registration sorted for then. Do you think it is too optimistic to go for the submission date of 10th June? How many hours a week did others dedicate to get the work done?

Please do feel free to say if you think I'm putting myself under too much pressure to meet this deadline/not being realistic. Have any of you had an enquiry which seemed to perfect to be true prior to registration, and had to decline it because you were worried you wouldn't be ready in time?

Oh what to do?!! Would welcome any words of wisdom with open arms!! xx:D