PDA

View Full Version : New to this world!! Bit confussed

LauraBo
09-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Hi all,

I am brand new to the childminding world and could do with someone helping me out!!

I have been thinking about becoming a childminder for a while, as I have been a nanny in the past but its been difficult working as one since i had my 2 children as as a nanny you generally need to work from your employers home. So next year we are able to put the house on the market and move to a bigger place where i would think doing the job of a childminder will be easier! At the mo our house is 3 storey with a playroom on the middle floor so it would be difficult. Also my youngest daughter will be starting school in september so it seems like the perfct time to start my training.

I live in suffolk and a local college runs the cypops course. They say a fair amount of the course is online and usually takes about 6 months.
Do you work under your own steam with this sort of course and could you do it quicker if you knuckled down? Is the course tough? And how many hours a week would you say you put into it if it took 6 months?

So after this course what do i need to do next? what courses are essential to get you started and in what order? It seems like there are millions out there!

How long after the courses are complete would i need to get practicing? ie worried if we took ages to sell our house would any courses be invalid?

When you are up and running how much paper work do you do in a week and what sort?

Are you able to just take on 2 children if that's all you wanted, is there a minimum?

Thank you for any responses, anything and everything will be much appreciated ;)

Laura x :doh:

Rick
09-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Have a look at this thread, it will tell you everything you need to know!

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/starting-childminding-pre-registration-visits/117176-registering-childminder.html

Good luck :thumbsup: