PDA

View Full Version : confused.com.

claresmith84
08-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi..me again. Thanks for help with my last question.x. I've been gathering info from ofsted etc about requirements for childminding and it states on there that you have to have a separate bathroom for children..is this the case?? Also. A seperate sleeping area for children under 2yrs?which id thought a cot in a bedroom would be ok..but now unsure..?? I would hate to think.that these 2 things would hinder my chances of a career in childminding :(

squeely wheely
08-04-2013, 10:17 PM
The bathroom thing confused me too at first but one bathroom is fine, that's all I have. Plus I just put travel cots up in the bedrooms.

Rick
09-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Hi..me again. Thanks for help with my last question.x. I've been gathering info from ofsted etc about requirements for childminding and it states on there that you have to have a separate bathroom for children..is this the case?? Also. A seperate sleeping area for children under 2yrs?which id thought a cot in a bedroom would be ok..but now unsure..?? I would hate to think.that these 2 things would hinder my chances of a career in childminding :(

Ofsted can't force people to install a second bathroom! I normally only have 2 sleepers at any one time; my son sleeps in his pushchair in my bedroom and the other mindee sleeps in my son's cot. When I have 2 that need a cot I put up a travel cot in my room (mostly to stop one waking up the other when they wake up!). Again Ofsted can't say you can't have e.g. 3 sleepers but only 2 bedrooms.

The EYFS document section 3.58 states: Except in childminding settings, there should be a separate baby room for children under the age of two.
Section 3.59 states: Except in childminding settings, there should usually be separate toilet facilities for adults.

So I presume what you have read is specifically for nurseries or similar. Childminders work in their own home so the rules are more relaxed! :D