PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Registration, Assistants and my portfolio advice and guidance needed please.

LittleStarzSE9
08-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Hi Everyone so glad I came across this site.
I have a few questions my head is a little dizzy in panic mode.
I have my Pre-Reg visit next week, I did have one last year but as all my paperwork/course and CRB took forever and a day to
clear i am advised another is in order especially now the EYFS has changed. :blush:

So im semi prepared for what sorts of questions they will ask me and im fairly confident im up to date with my safeguarding and EYFS knowledge and preparation:thumbsup: What I am worrying about though is What paperwork do I need ...Would the following be okay

Parent information Book which will hold my

Copy of my CRB
REGISTRATION AND INSURANCE CERTIFICATE
ABOUT ME
TYPICAL DAY WITH ME / ROUTINES
HOURS AND FEES
KEY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
WHAT THE EYFS IS AND HOW I WILL IMPLEMENT IT
SOME PHOTO'S OF RESOURCES/EQUIPMENT
MENU & MEAL PLANS
RISK ASSESSMENTS
ANYTHING ELSE??

I WOULD THEN HAVE THE FOLLOWING SEPERATLY

CHILD REGISTER
DAILY DIARY BOOKS UNDER AND OVER 2'S
LEARNING JOURNAL
ACCIDENT AND INCIDENT BOOK
MEDICATION BOOK
VISITOR BOOK

ANYTHING ELSE?
A TAKE HOME BROUCHURE FOR PARENTS

I then have to set up an activity to show that I can care for a child of 18 months and 3 years respectively showing I can be inclusive in
the activities I plan to provide. I plan to do this by showing I would allow the older child to be more independent in designing/creating something and using my work with the 18month old be the demonstration for the older child. would this be okay?

To then link this to the EYFS outcomes how would I report this ? Would I say for the 18 month old for e.g
Today jack was able to assist me in making his own (whatever we make)
by adding stickers and was able to hold the brush and paint the (whatever we make) with little direction.
When he was unable to peel the stickers from the pack he raised his hand to me to assist him and said 'ta'
Jack then totted around the play room pretending to be (something related to what we made) and
This covers:
-Personal Social and Emotional Development (Joining in with the older children and taking turns to use equipment)
- Physical Development (Hand and eye co-ordination)
- Communication and Language (communicating for assistance as well as saying thank you for the help received)

(Would that be sufficient is my method of reporting gone clear?) please any help would be appreciated.

Lastly I have a friend who would like to be my assistant (merely to aid her coursework as she is doing the CYPWD level 3) I have completed the relevant EY Form with her and a CRB check form however she just had an enhanced CRB check from her local college (3 days ago from Where she works) and was wondering if OFSTED would need to see her and also how would I show I have 'vetted her' out would I have to get references additionally to the ones requested in the EY form (i've known her for 18 years) could I give her a reference? and could she start immediately as long as OFSTED have confirmed receipt of the paperwork.

Any help/advice/guidance would be much appreciated.... my head feels so dizzy with information and ideas I don't know what direction or what I should have in place anymore lol.

sarah707
08-04-2013, 05:11 PM
And breathe... your understanding of the Eyfs is good and your paperwork list looks fine to me!

The assistant is another matter. You must submit the EY2 and ask Ofsted about the DBS (formerly crb) check.

Assistants cannot work unsupervised until you have a suitability letter from Ofsted.

You will find more information in the Assistants section of the forum and this thread :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/registered-assistants-co-minders/117086-registering-assistant-advice.html

LittleStarzSE9
08-04-2013, 05:48 PM
And breathe... your understanding of the Eyfs is good and your paperwork list looks fine to me!

The assistant is another matter. You must submit the EY2 and ask Ofsted about the DBS (formerly crb) check.

Assistants cannot work unsupervised until you have a suitability letter from Ofsted.

You will find more information in the Assistants section of the forum and this thread :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/registered-assistants-co-minders/117086-registering-assistant-advice.html

Lol Thank you Sarah707 I just know I will forget something.