PDA

View Full Version : Unprepared! Please help!!!

Mrsanderson
07-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Hi, this is my first post but have been lurking for quite some time

I finished my courses a year ago so not very fresh and have my pre-reg visit on Wednesday morning and feel petrified as I don't think I m very organised.

Can someone give me a checklist on what I need to have prepared for when she comes please?? ;)

I would be very grateful for any help anybody could give me ;)

Rick
07-04-2013, 04:27 PM
In terms of paperwork, just make sure you have your policies and procedures in place and that you are confident to talk through them. Make sure you have been through the list of questions and filled out the answers. You can refer to them but during my pre reg inspection I found it very difficult to keep up with which answer went with which question as she was firing them at me.

In terms of your house, just walk round and be confident that you can talk about how you will use each room or the garden for childminding and how you have minimised any potential risks. She won't look in your oven so don't spend precious time on your hands and knees with the Jif!

Most if all don't panic, the waiting is much worse than the doing!

I can't say I had a huge amount of time to prepare, I got back from a month long holiday in America and had the call the day after and the inspection the day after that!

Good luck :thumbsup:

teacakepenguin
07-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Mine didn't want to see my policies, just wanted to know I had some.

I did however prepare a few sample activities, things like making play doh, and then I went into details as to how I'd tailor it to different ages right from baby to teenager. I did 3 of these, and Mrs O really liked them and took them with her to put in my file! It meant I didn't get nervous when she asked about making sure you are meeting the needs of different ages, as I could refer to my piece of paper.

Otherwise mine sat in my lounge for a good long time with her checklist and we discussed lots of things like safeguarding, inclusion, all that sort of thing.

The first thing she asked me was why I wanted to be a childminder, which I wasn't ready for!

Good luck!
Jx

summerdays
12-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Hi , don't worry about the visit ,mine asked me about the EYFS,safeguarding ,policies ,looked at my resources to make sure I had covered all ages, risk Assesment on house & garden