PDA

View Full Version : Help with contract!

EmiB
06-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Hi, I am new to this and have my registration visit on Thursday! I have been getting my policies and other forms in place and then realised I have not written out a contract...do you do your own or buy them??? I would prefer to do my own but am struggling to know exactly what to put on it, can anyone help??:panic:

sarah707
07-04-2013, 08:18 AM
I recommend that to start with you buy contracts from your insurance company - whichever one you choose.

If you insure via Pacey you will need to use their contracts anyway if you want to be covered in the event of a problem in the future.

Hth :D

SammySplodger
07-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Initially I used NCMA contracts and their PLI, which was definitely a good option when I was a new CM.

But now I am planning on changing to MM for PLI and drawing up my own contracts. This is for a variety of reasons (enough said on other threads)... including the amount of crossing out and adding of text I do to the NCMA ones and repetition on my other forms.

What advice can you offer? ie: the best source/s of advice re: bespoke contracts? How can we get our contracts checked over without great expense? How much would this cost?

Apologies if covered elsewhere - just point me in the right direction - Ta! x

SammySplodger
07-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Apologies for hijacking EmiB! I was searching for contract advice and this thread popped up!

To clarify NCMA = PACEY

If you need a copy of a contract, I am happy to send you one of my NCMA ones. But (Sarah correct me if I'm wrong) you don't actually need to show this to Ofsted anyway.

FussyElmo
07-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Hi, I am new to this and have my registration visit on Thursday! I have been getting my policies and other forms in place and then realised I have not written out a contract...do you do your own or buy them??? I would prefer to do my own but am struggling to know exactly what to put on it, can anyone help??:panic:

Whoever you choose to have your insurance with pacey or mm will sell contracts.

As its your first time, unless you are well versed in writing contracts, I would buy them as they do cover everything. Then as you get used to childminding you may choose to write you own

EmiB
08-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Thank you for the advice! I definitely think I will buy them from insurer to start with, regarding holidays do you charge half rate or full? And do you specify the days holiday you will be taking ie. 20 days a year?? And is this shown on contracts?

CLL
09-04-2013, 06:15 AM
The pacey/NCMA contracts are 4 pages long and there is space for payments of holidays. I take 5 weeks a year unpaid and specify them at the start. You can also state that you will take x amount of days and will give y amount of notice. I suggest buying the contracts as soon as you are set up as it takes a while to go over then and understand exactly what needs to go where. Good luck for your pre-reg.

suziealderton
10-04-2013, 10:16 AM
hi i had my pre reg on friday and wasnt asked to show contracts. Hope thia helps x