PDA

View Full Version : Old NCMA contracts

tigwig
06-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Are they only going to be valid for 12 months? I stupidly ordered some not that long ago after an influx of interest and nothing has ended up coming of it! So now I have 1 left in 1 pack and a brand new pack of 6 untouched. I cant see how I'm going to use these within a year.

christine e
06-04-2013, 07:16 PM
[QUOTE=tigwig;1235136]Are they only going to be valid for 12 months? I stupidly ordered some not that long ago after an influx of interest and nothing has ended up coming of it! So now I have 1 left in 1 pack and a brand new pack of 6 untouched. I cant see how I'm going to use these within

They will still be valid beyond 12 months - please log in to 'My PACEY' Products - Q & A (link below) PACEY recommends you update your contracts every 12 months but it is not compulsory

http://www.**************/Mypacey/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fmypacey%2fname_and_brand%2 fproducts_qas.aspx%3fpage%3d2383&page=2383

christine e
06-04-2013, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=tigwig;1235136]Are they only going to be valid for 12 months? I stupidly ordered some not that long ago after an influx of interest and nothing has ended up coming of it! So now I have 1 left in 1 pack and a brand new pack of 6 untouched. I cant see how I'm going to use these within

They will still be valid beyond 12 months - please log in to 'My PACEY' Products - Q & A (link below) PACEY recommends you update your contracts every 12 months but it is not compulsory

http://www.**************/Mypacey/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fmypacey%2fname_and_brand%2 fproducts_qas.aspx%3fpage%3d2383&page=2383

Ok well it looks like I have been ********** out which is making it difficult for me to direct you to the answer but not to be defeated please log in to 'My PACEY' and then put products questions and answers into the search box - in fact I am going to copy and paste the answer for you cos this ****** out is really p****** me off :laughing:
Q: Will my contracts be valid?

A: Yes, your contracts will be valid. However, we would recommend that you update your contracts annually to ensure that the information contained within is accurate and up-to-date.

harleyrider
06-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Are they only going to be valid for 12 months? I stupidly ordered some not that long ago after an influx of interest and nothing has ended up coming of it! So now I have 1 left in 1 pack and a brand new pack of 6 untouched. I cant see how I'm going to use these within a year.

Thanks for asking its something I've been wondering also.

harleyrider
06-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Thanks its good to know.

Simona
07-04-2013, 07:28 AM
The saga of the validity of ncma contracts goes on and on
Please NPF reps....maybe you would ask ncma to issue a statement about this or maybe put it on ncma local as an official clarification
what you are saying here differs from advice given by the legal dept and m'ship dept

An official clarification would be greatly appreciated

christine e
07-04-2013, 09:03 AM
The saga of the validity of ncma contracts goes on and on
Please NPF reps....maybe you would ask ncma to issue a statement about this or maybe put it on ncma local as an official clarification
what you are saying here differs from advice given by the legal dept and m'ship dept

An official clarification would be greatly appreciated

Simona this is what is published on the website - why are you doubting this?

Simona
07-04-2013, 01:01 PM
I have discussed this in detail here and also spoken to the m'ship dept and legal dept 4 times...if it was clear cms would stop asking questions?? but they are not
What I have decided to do is use my ncma contracts 'without a pacey' sticker and that is the end of the debate for me...others will choose to do as they like
In sept when my m'ship comes up for renewal I will take my next step...stay and buy new rebranded contracts or go
I also feel this is a matter for debate in ncma local where the right people can respond directly without sending messages

Thank you for trying to resolve

Chatterbox Childcare
07-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Simona - each time you talk to the legal department and post I challenge them again. I am getting the same answer from the help and legal line

"whilst it is good practice to review and update your contracts annually, contracts are legally binding until they are cancelled"

SammySplodger
07-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Just to say thanks for trying to clarify this issue, you have saved me time and energy!

I have decided to continue with the NCMA ones (without PACEY logo) for existing clients until next January, with a view to having bespoke ones in place with MM PLI thereafter.

Unless of course another (as yet unknown) alternative should appear in the meantime....

Chatterbox Childcare
07-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Just to say thanks for trying to clarify this issue, you have saved me time and energy!

I have decided to continue with the NCMA ones (without PACEY logo) for existing clients until next January, with a view to having bespoke ones in place with MM PLI thereafter.

Unless of course another (as yet unknown) alternative should appear in the meantime....

I am also using my Ncma contracts which are 3 years old and I am not putting PACEY stickers on them

tigwig
07-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Sorry I'm a little confused now. I understand my NCMA contracts that are in use for existing parents are valid after 12 mths but its the pack I've recently bought I'm questioning. 6 of them that I have not used. Are these ok for an unlimited amount of time even now?

christine e
07-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Sorry I'm a little confused now. I understand my NCMA contracts that are in use for existing parents are valid after 12 mths but its the pack I've recently bought I'm questioning. 6 of them that I have not used. Are these ok for an unlimited amount of time even now?

In my opinion yes

rickysmiths
07-04-2013, 10:41 PM

You can carry on using your contracts for as long as you like. Unless you put on a Contract that it ends on a certain date it stays valid until the day that you or your parent terminate. That could be in 6 months or 5 years. The fact that they have NCMA on them has nothing to do with it, they could have Father Christmas brand on them for all it matters.

It is considered good practice to regularly review all your Contracts and on page 4 of the new NCMA Contracts there is space to do this as there was space on page 3 of the old ones. However if nothing changes in the arrangements between you and the parent there is no need to change it. It might be good practice also to change the contracts if they are updated like when they went from the 3 page one to the 4 page one. I did this as and when my existing parents changed days or hours so eventually they were all on the new 4 page contracts which was over a year after the Contacts had been printed.

My understanding is that pacey will be doing stickers for those who want to cover the NCMA branding.

Please don't panic.

angeldelight
07-04-2013, 10:57 PM
You can carry on using your contracts for as long as you like. Unless you put on a Contract that it ends on a certain date it stays valid until the day that you or your parent terminate. That could be in 6 months or 5 years. The fact that they have NCMA on them has nothing to do with it, they could have Father Christmas brand on them for all it matters.

It is considered good practice to regularly review all your Contracts and on page 4 of the new NCMA Contracts there is space to do this as there was space on page 3 of the old ones. However if nothing changes in the arrangements between you and the parent there is no need to change it. It might be good practice also to change the contracts if they are updated like when they went from the 3 page one to the 4 page one. I did this as and when my existing parents changed days or hours so eventually they were all on the new 4 page contracts which was over a year after the Contacts had been printed.

My understanding is that pacey will be doing stickers for those who want to cover the NCMA branding.

Please don't panic.

I agree don't panic and as I understand it at the moment what RS and chatterbox are saying is correct

Angel xx

Ripeberry
08-04-2013, 06:56 AM
The way I see it. It's just a change of name. It's still the same organisation. If the name was so important they they would re-issue our Public Liability certificates. And that would be a waste of paper.