PDA

View Full Version : Course requirements

Newtochildcare
05-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Evening!

I attended a local authority Childmnder Registration Course a year ago, as I was intending to register way before now, but due to a couple of reasons, we ended up selling up our house and buying a new one, hence the delay in registering. Anyway, am now in a position to crack on with it, and am literally in a position to send the forms off, and have just picked up on a thread which mentioned the CYPOP5 course, which involves homestudy, assignments etc, and now seems to be a requirement before registering, instead of the course which I did a year ago. Help! Do I need to do this now, even though I have a certificate for the course I have already attended (and would have been sufficient if I had registered when I first intended) :panic:

Emra81
06-04-2013, 06:45 AM
Hiya,

Best thing to do is get in touch with your local authority as it seems that each authority has different requirements, although in all my rummaging around finding out about getting registered I've not heard of anyone having to do any course other than CYPOP5, apart from paediatric first aid of course.

I could be completely wrong as I'm pre reg as well so still have A LOT to learn but I'm sure I read somewhere that you have to register within 6 months of doing the course. So no matter what course you did/need to do I think you'd have to do it again anyway, annoyingly enough.

I hope you're all settled in your new house (am very jealous -we're still renting and probably will be for a LONG time!) and that I'm wrong about having to re-do the course! :-)

oxfordshirecm
06-04-2013, 08:17 AM
I'm pretty sure u need to register within 6 months if completing the course too... But I would ring ofsted and ask them

sarah707
06-04-2013, 08:20 AM
The Eyfs requirements changed in Sept 2013.

The Eyfs states that you must do a pre-registration course before applying to Ofsted.

I don't know what your course / session was - a pre-reg course is usually over a few months and involves lots of work.

I suggest you check with your local people - all areas are different.

Hth :D

Newtochildcare
06-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the replies. It was def all that was required of me at the time, and was three sessions over three Weeks, but as Sarah said, as the requirements changed in Sept, it does look like I'll need to do the new course. I have to say, reading through what it involves, what with the assignments etc, it looks like a really thorough course, and seems I would be more prepared and informed as I feel now so, every cloud, and all that!