PDA

View Full Version : 1D at the o2 (o2 in general)

Becci26
05-04-2013, 08:26 AM
Are u going? Have u been?

I am off to the O2 later today with dd (almost 9) and niece (12) to go and see the boy band of the moment!
I haven't been to the O2 before so looking forward to going from that side of things but the boys of 1D are not to my usual musical taste! Lol

I suspect it will be an expensive trip too as no doubt merchandise will cost a fortune, and a bottle of water will cost a fiver :-/

We are going to get something to eat whilst we're up there, there seems to be lots of restaurants - any in particular u'd recommend?

Do u think there is any chance I will be able to get away with taking sweets/ drinks in with us? I suspect if I try they will be confiscated?

Tomorrow I shall be found at home relaxing as I fear this trip is going to do nothing but aggravate my already poorly spd!

Pixie dust
05-04-2013, 10:17 AM
On my experience of the o2 the restaurants get very busy and are expensive. I am sure you will have fun watching their faces when they see 1d .

cs01
05-04-2013, 10:46 AM
I was there Monday with my 12 year old daughter. There are loads of restaurants, but they are always really busy. We queued at Frankie & Benny's for 30 mins just to get a buzzer (the ones that let you know when your table is ready), we then had to wait a further 45 mins for our table. We were served quite quickly once we were seated but in the past, I have had to wait ages to be served then the food takes ages because the place is just so busy.

My advice would be either to get there nice and early so the wait may not bother you, or eat somewhere else and just go to the O2 for the actual concert.

The merchandise is very expensive, £15 for a programme, £25 for a T-shirt. My daughter did manage to buy some mini posters of the band for £5.00.

They search your bags when you go in but didn't confiscate any food of me. They will ask you to remove bottle lids if you take your own drinks in - so I would remove the lid and put it in my back pocket before you get to security. It always annoys me to have an open bottle of drink because you cant put them down without being kicked over and spilt everywhere.

Doors for actual arena open at 6.30. 1D came on around 8.45pm.

Any more questions, happy to answer them :) Enjoy the concert :D

Becci26
05-04-2013, 11:22 AM
That's great thankyou! We're going to try and get up there for about 4/half 4 to give us a chance to eat etc without too much rush.
Good idea about the bottle lid in ur pocket, will do that thankyou x