PDA

View Full Version : A bit of advice please

Buckoblue
03-04-2013, 01:41 PM
I have a parent coming tomorrow with her little boy.

I am brand new to childminding and I am scared to death to be honest!! (Not scared about looking after the children, just about all the business side of it and the paperwork).

She has already been round on her own to look at the house and tomorrow is about signing contracts ect.

I have said to her that once we have sorted the paperwork out that she can leave her little boy for a few hours if she feels comfortable with that to get him used to me and my 2 children.

I just feel really unprepared. Looking after her little boy is not making me nervous just all the paperwork and what I need to have in place.

She wants him to start on Friday which means I need everything in place for tomorrow! :panic:

So far I have

* the contract ready (well as ready as they can be as most of it needs filling in while she is there).
*All my policies and procedures ready
*Child record forms ready to fill in
*An all about me form
I haven't really done a parent pack but would love some ideas on what to do if you could give me some ideas.
* I have all my fees and holiday fees ect written down
* I have a learning journey ready to go
* A sample menu

Is there anything else I need to be thinking about?

I just feel really nervous. I have sorted my car insurance and registered with HMRC and I have my PL insurance in place. I have a starter pack with all the forms from the NCMA or PACEY as they are now.

Could anyone give me any pointers as I don't want to come across as unprofessional but this is the first time I have ever done this and feel very nervous.

Thanks

xxx

ChocolateChip
03-04-2013, 01:46 PM
The only obvious thing I can think of is permission forms hun, unless they are part of your contract.
You have done the hard part in getting your first customer so well done!
I would just try to have something out for the lo to play with so you grownups can concentrate on the paperwork, I normally ask to do this without children around as I find it easier.
Good luck! :thumbsup:

Just added to say just be yourself, take your time and make sure everything is written down clearly :thumbsup:

Buckoblue
03-04-2013, 01:49 PM
The only obvious thing I can think of is permission forms hun, unless they are part of your contract.
:thumbsup:

Ah yes I have them too thanks. x

sarah707
03-04-2013, 05:34 PM
I think you sound ready! Just go through the contract tonight and make sure you understand it all so you can explain it tomorrow!

Good luck :D

Mrs Scrubbit
03-04-2013, 08:32 PM
You sound ready to go,good luck x

Mouse
03-04-2013, 08:42 PM
It sounds as if you're really well prepared, but if in doubt, write yourself a check list to run through.

Note down the things you want to tell parents, the things you want to ask them, the paperwork you need completing etc.

Good luck!

RuthJ
03-04-2013, 08:42 PM
You sound prepared to me!

Good luck:)

Nicola Carlyle
03-04-2013, 09:02 PM
You sound extremely well prepared. As has been said maybe your permission forms but apart from that it sounds like you have everything covered. Well done. Don't panic tomorrow. Just take your time and go through everything step by step. You will be fine.

Houlgated
03-04-2013, 09:02 PM
it sounds like you have it all organised, good luck.

Buckoblue
04-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Thank you everyone. She has just phoned to say she will be late so I am now running round after my 2 cleaning up after them!!

She also said that she has just found out that he has a milk allergy. That will be one for another thread!!

Thanks again for your replies.

xxxx

ChocolateChip
04-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Good luck, come back if you need any more advice :thumbsup:

Karen1
04-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Im also starting up childminding- plus my son has a milk allergy if you need any advice or help.