PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Reg visit tomorrow morning!

niff321
27-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Hi everyone this is my first post on this forum.

I have my pre-registration visit first thing tomorrow!

I have done all of the questions in the preparation booklet apart from the first one asking for activities for a small baby and four year old for each of the seven area of the EYFS.

I have been thinking long and hard about it but i dont know whether this means to plan for having both children at the same time, therefore one activity that you adapt to suit the needs of both children (7 different activities) or a different activity for each child (14 activities). :panic:

Thanks

lisbet
27-03-2013, 09:07 PM
I had my pre-reg in January and wasn't sure about this either. I thought of 7 activities (one for each area of learning) and about how I would make them suit both ages and just wrote very brief notes on it all. I also wrote a more detailed plan for one of the activities, but in the end Mrs O didn't want to see anything I'd written :rolleyes: she wanted me to talk her through it all instead so that she knew I genuinely knew it and hadn't just downloaded it from the internet! :laughing:

She was really nice though. Relax - it will be much better than you think x

niff321
27-03-2013, 11:00 PM
I had my pre-reg in January and wasn't sure about this either. I thought of 7 activities (one for each area of learning) and about how I would make them suit both ages and just wrote very brief notes on it all. I also wrote a more detailed plan for one of the activities, but in the end Mrs O didn't want to see anything I'd written :rolleyes: she wanted me to talk her through it all instead so that she knew I genuinely knew it and hadn't just downloaded it from the internet! :laughing:

She was really nice though. Relax - it will be much better than you think x

Thanks lisbet:)

I have thought of different ideas for each child so have lots to choose from! I know them but i get so nervous i struggle getting words out and work myself up in a tizz :panic:

I am sure it will all be fine :cool:

mmichellled
31-03-2013, 12:34 PM
.. but I think it is separate?

I am just unsure how much detail I will need to go into. Can anyone clarify?

lisbet
31-03-2013, 01:48 PM
I asked the inspector when she phoned up to make the pre-reg appointment, and she said, yes, 7 activities for both age groups to do together was fine. I guess because a childminder is usually catering for a mix of ages at once.

I had very brief notes on the 7 ie Mathematics - Wooden Bricks: 1yr old can bang together, place on top of each other. 4yr old can build various structures (encourage talk about size & positioning), sort colours, count bricks

Then I wrote in more detail about a playdough activity just to be on the safe side! In the end the inspector just wanted to be talked through this one. I went into as much detail as I could think of ie how I would be right next to the 1yr old in case they tried to eat the playdough, how I would watch out for ways to extend the activity ie if 4yr old was talking about baking and stared making 'buns' I could add some silicon cases for her etc. The inspector also prompted me if there were things she wanted to know.

Maybe ask your inspector when they call because I think they may all do things a bit differently. Hope it goes well!

Hope yours went well, niff321? :)