26-03-2013, 05:50 PM
http://www.athomechildcare.co.uk/myths.html

At Home Childcare have written an article:
Childminder Agencies - Dispelling the Myths

Interesting reading... ahem....

What do you make of it?

SammySplodger
26-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Interesting that option 3 has been 'derailed' !
:-)

I note that there are references to LAs as well... I'm certainly not taking it for granted that they will still be around to help us. Yes I could still be looking on the gloomy side, but I feel happier planning to be self-supporting, for my sustainability (and sanity!).

SammySplodger
26-03-2013, 06:13 PM
And the FAQs are interesting too:

http://www.athomechildcare.co.uk/FAQp1.html

Simona
29-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Sorry to be a bit difficult...but who is asking this FAQs? none of them answer the questions on my list which is now 3 pages long not including those going round in my head which make my brain too small to contain

I fear their FAQs is nothing more than trying to sell us the agency idea..with so many models allowed theirs is only one of the miriads of agencies that may spring up to confuse parents and cms alike while creating several tiers of cms

Sarah and I discussed the various tiers and came up with 4, identified in her piece posted in the forum and my clarification, but I have come up with 3 more and I can see many more could be added...
what we are going to call ourselves will not be a walk in the park but a climb up Everest unless we get proper advice

I also fear some LAs have been very 'selective' with their support and help hence many cms, including me, have been relying on our initiative and self funding to get on in all aspects of practice...like it or not LAs have the expertise while I wonder where these agencies will find theirs in the space of 3 months' pilots???

As I said before I am comfortably sitting down and watching agencies unfold, compete with each other and LAs on all aspects and then I will be looking at the results...all a long way away and still the agency consultation to come!!

SammySplodger
30-03-2013, 01:03 AM
I agree Simona - you are not being difficult - the FAQs are purely marketing as far as I can see.

Watching and waiting... making plans for Independent sustainability.

Simona
30-03-2013, 10:06 AM
It will be interesting to hear how you plan for your sustainability from now on...some cms have had to do that for years because of no support from LAs so in fact they have been indpendent for a long time...what do you perceive will be different now??
some interesting questions will surely pop up??