PDA

View Full Version : What to charge (after school only)

MrsP2C
25-03-2013, 08:42 PM
I've been approached by a lovely family to care for their 2 children (1x 2yrs & 1x school age) from September 3 days a week TTO. Mum works close to the school so she will drop off the older one & handover little one for the day then I'll do school pick-up at 3:15 until collection at 5pm. So no before school & no tea which fits brilliantly with my own DC & current mindees but I don't know what to charge for older sibling as she's quite understandably queried my 'wraparound' charge of £21 (7:30-6pm inc tea) when she doesn't need half of it!

If I just charged 2 hours it barely seems worth the hassle not to mention the place he's taking up but, if I lose him I'd lose both which would be a shame as they seem such a good fit.
WWYD?
MrsP2C
Eta normal hourly rate is £6

Emmalou77
25-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Hi, i charge a minimum of 3 hours and charge £4.25 per hour but at £ 6 per hour i would just charge for the 2 hours as its worth it because of the pre schooler. Hope this helps :-)

The Juggler
25-03-2013, 10:23 PM
personally if it works for you not doing tea, if it fits in with current mindees I'd charge her for the time you have them.

Personally I only ever charge an hourly rate as I prefer to finish earlier. Also to have 3 TTO mindees I'd love as I prefer not to work holidays. If she doesn't take up the place over the £21 charge, what are the chances of you finding 3 other children who have nice hours and are TTO?

Just food for thought :)

MrsP2C
06-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Just thought I'd update as I went back & said my minimum daily charge for taking an under 8 place was £15. I was a bit worried she'd say no as this is actually 2.5hrs pay for 1.45hrs work but I'm relieved to say she's agreed :grin:

I'm particularly pleased to get this family as these holidays have taught me that whilst my DC are ok with similar aged/older mindees for a few hours before & after school, a whole day of each other and they end up fighting or arguing before too long.

angeldelight
06-04-2013, 09:56 AM
That's great news

Glad your happy and got the job

:clapping::clapping:

Angel xx

shortstuff
06-04-2013, 09:15 PM
well done, its not often we get families that fit so well hours wise

Jelly Baby
13-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Well done!

Ive had an enquiry for the same thing but it will be from 3.30pm-5.30pm..i charge from 3 though and have to drop him home and have quoted £15 and shes coming to see me on Tuesday. I will only actually have him as such from 4 as we dont get home till then and have to leave to drop him back at 5.15 so not bad money really. I then had a text yesterday from her friend asking for the same thing. Same class and assume they are friends but need to qoute a bit less as not taking home. Hope if i get them both they are good together!!

The Juggler
13-04-2013, 01:53 PM
well done. hope it all works out. x