PDA

View Full Version : Claiming expenses

SJ35
25-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Hi, sorry for the stupid question but here goes anyway!

I have only had one mindee most of the time from June 12 when I started minding.

As this was only a part timer I didn't keep
receipts to claim anything as mom provided food so I only had arts/ crafts etc to buy.

When I come to do my accounts for year 13/14 will it look bad if I start claiming for things that I didn't in year12-13?

I will now have 2 or 3 mindees and expenses will go up and I need to start doing things properly!

I have start up costs and odd other purchases throughout the year but no receipts for stationary, printer ink etc- all things that I will need to claim this year.

Hope this makes a bit of sense!
Stacey

Tunja
25-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Hi, sorry for the stupid question but here goes anyway!

I have only had one mindee most of the time from June 12 when I started minding.

As this was only a part timer I didn't keep
receipts to claim anything as mom provided food so I only had arts/ crafts etc to buy.

When I come to do my accounts for year 13/14 will it look bad if I start claiming for things that I didn't in year12-13?

I will now have 2 or 3 mindees and expenses will go up and I need to start doing things properly!

I have start up costs and odd other purchases throughout the year but no receipts for stationary, printer ink etc- all things that I will need to claim this year.

Hope this makes a bit of sense!Stacey

No it should not be a problem. There is a question where you can add any additional information. You can just put the number of children cared for has increased.

SJ35
25-03-2013, 05:44 PM

I was getting confused, probably just over thinking it!
Stacey x

Chatterbox Childcare
27-03-2013, 10:52 AM
This is normal, the more children, the more expenses

I would just add that it is okay to put everything through and come out with a loss because this loss can be offset against any profit from the next year so don't put it in just because you have enough

To prove stationary, toys etc print off bank statements, credit card statements, ebay and amazon purchases that relate to minding and put them in too.

I am sure you have some food and drink costs because you do cookery etc and provide snacks and drinks!

Every little helps..

MrAnchovy
05-04-2013, 01:43 PM
No it should not be a problem. There is a question where you can add any additional information. You can just put the number of children cared for has increased.

You don't need to do this, income and expenditure go up and down all the time and it could cause a delay in processing your tax return.