PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Back up Policy

karenjoy
01-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Is this needed??

If so whats in yours??, I dont know anyone close by or any other minders near me really

Heaven Scent
01-07-2008, 03:06 PM
I got mine from Bromley Childminders I'm sure and I just inserted the names I would use for emergency cover. If you don't find anything PM me and I'll e-mail you mine on condition that you never try to sell it as I may very well have bought it off ebay and altered it to suit my needs - There are loads of childminders selling some very good childminding stuff on there I've bought quite a bit. - Good Luck

sarah707
01-07-2008, 03:43 PM
I don't have one -

I just have a bit in my emergency policy to cover what I'd do in an emergency with back-ups :D

karenjoy
01-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks superstars and Sarah x

Thats what I meant did not word it right. I brought all my stuff off ebay and have reworded them, The one about emergencies though has a contact name in for another childminder but I dont know one!!, Should I just leave it out???

xxxx

Mrs M
01-07-2008, 06:26 PM
I didn't know any childminders in my area until recently. However, I looked on the website for local childminders and just took the liberty of emailing them! I asked whether any of them would be kind enough to be my emergency back up, two said yes. I've subsequently met one of them who is lovely. Since then I've been on a course and met another lovely childminder who lives just round the corner from me who has offered to be emergency and holiday cover. Also, you can use a family member in an absolute emergency. Good luck.

Spangles
01-07-2008, 06:49 PM
I don't have anyone either apart from my hubby but he's going away for 6 months soon but both parents of my mindee only work in the village, about a 5 min drive away, so I don't see why I would need emergency cover, they can get here as easily as anyone else!????

Holiday cover I'm afraid is not my problem as far as I'm concerned! I give loads of notice and think it's up to the parents to sort it out.

Plus, if we're ill, we're ill I'm afraid. Until I come across another childminder with vacancies there's not a lot I can do about that either!

Heaven Scent
01-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Emergency cover does not have to be a registgered or even police checked person you just need to have people you know who would be willing to take over in case of an emergency and hold the fort until parents can get here so the more the merrier that you get to agree and have on your list so and you need to let parents know that you have something workable in place then you need to keep their details handy so you can call them or get someone to assist you in calling them at the drop of a hat and work your way through the list until you have something suitable in place then you need to call the parents and tell them whats happening.

I was originally told at a pre reg meeting that they had to be police checked and I asked the inspector at my pre-reg inspection if I can have more CRB and CM2 forms for non reg friends who had agreed to go on the list but she said no need just have them on the list.

karenjoy
02-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Fantastic Thank you everyone.

I have put my neighbour down. Just have to ask her now!!! :laughing:

helenlc
07-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I have my friend down, who is a fellow childminder, and lives quite close.

I also have my next door neighbour, in a dire emergency as she used to be a childminder.

My OH also works a few minutes away so is down as long as the emergency doesnt require him to be with me ie if it was our own children or ourselves.

At my pre-registration Ofsted visit, I told my inspector that a friend and I were going to cover one another in emergencies. I asked what would happen if my friend was up to her quota of children and i asked her to look after one or two of my mindees til parents could arrive. She said that it was fine as long as it was for the shortest time possible ie til the parents could collect them from my friend.

I have said in my policy that I will attempt to contact all parents, soemtimes this wont be possible, will try emergenc contacts, take them with me or drop them to friends etc. Its just basically to show what you will do in an emergency situation. I recently had my inspection and she didnt question mine.