PDA

View Full Version : Shift worker charges

lorettacritchet
25-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Hi,

Please could someone remind me how to work an average hours per week. I have a shift worker starting soon and my problem is she works 7 days on (12 hours a day) and 3 days off then back again to the 7 days on etc. When she is on holiday, I want to know and be clear about what/how many hours I have a right to charge for.

Many thanks

shortstuff
25-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Sorry no clue. Hope someone comes along that can help soon

tashaleee
25-03-2013, 08:22 PM
How many hours is she asking you to do each week for her? Is she expecting you to work weekends? how many hours are unsociable? (I know some childminders charge extra before 8 and after 6)

I would probably pick a minimum number of hours per week and charge for full fees for her holiday and none for mine so wouldnt have to calculate a holiday fee (that way you wont loose out on a basic amount per week) :thumbsup:

MrsP2C
25-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Assuming you won't be working the weekend, some weeks she will still need you the full 5 days but others only 2 days. unless you don't mind losing a space for what will sometimes only be 2 days work you might want to charge the full week although it might not get you the business! In your situation (& given i don't mind the odd easier day) I'd ask for shift pattern monthly in advance then you invoice for that period *in advance* & regardless always minimum 3 days a week every week of the year unless you take or allow her any unpaid leave.