PDA

View Full Version : Printing policies for parents

teacakepenguin
24-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Hi

Which policies do you hand to parents in printed format, and which do you email? I have too many to print, and my early years person said there were certain ones she'd print out but I can't remember what they were.

I was thinking health and safety, complaints, working with parents, late fees and large garden equipment (as I have a trampoline therefore a consent form for that which states they have had a copy of the policy).

Thanks

Rick
24-03-2013, 04:01 PM
I don't think there is any requirement to print any off if parents are happy with email. Childminders aren't even required to have written policies!

toddlers896
24-03-2013, 04:02 PM
I give the parents a copy of all my policies on a disc but only if they use me. I don't print them off as its too much.

LittleVoice
24-03-2013, 04:04 PM
When a parent comes to visit to me I give them an information pack that has a bit about me and my setting. In that I include a copy of the statutory policies and procedures that we have to have as well as some information about the EYFS 2012. I tell parents that there are a few more policies that they will need to sign, and that I will either email a copy of them or I can print them our for them, which ever they prefer. All the feedback i've had has been very positive about the packs and how informative they are.
The policies that i include are:

Allegations of Abuse against a Childminder
Behaviour Management
Complaints and Concerns
Emergency Evacuation
Equal Opportunities
Dropping off and Collection
Health and Safety
Medication
Lost Child policy
No smoking
Safeguardig Children
Visitors in my home

Hope that Helps.
H x

teacakepenguin
24-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Aha, statutory policies, are they the ones you print?

I don't want to print much, they won't read them, and it costs me money, so I'm keeping it to an absolute minimum. Is that enough I wonder.

I know CMs don't have to even have policies, but you do have to be able to talk about things to inspectors and parents so it's easier to have them all written down.

Thanks

sarah707
24-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Some P & Ps MUST be in writing to help you comply with the requirements of the Childcare Register.

You MUST give parents a copy of your safeguarding and complaints procedures - again to comply with the Childcare Register.

The rest can be emailed / made available online but make sure parents sign to say they have been read and understood.

List of required P & Ps here -

Policies and Procedures (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/policiesandprocedures.html)

Hth :D

teacakepenguin
24-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Thank you Sarah, your information has been completely invaluable when I was putting my stuff together over the last couple of months!

Do I have to print out all of those policies or just safeguarding and complaints? I am on early years, voluntary and compulsary, which means I can take any age I believe! Gosh I lose track...

I've made a note to make sure I have all of those covered, my mobile and internet is a separate policy from safeguarding, I wonder whether I should amalgamate them.

Thanks