PDA

View Full Version : Bunyip

skatie
23-03-2013, 02:21 PM
This has been annoying me ever since I joined, every time I see 'bunyips' username I have been trying to figure out what acronym this stands for.... You can imagine what sort of things I've been coming up with. Well, went to the library today and :chorus of angels: I have been put out of my misery! I happened to start reading a book to my son called 'watch out little wombat' in which there is a bunyip, a mythical creature - ah! I can sleep easy at night.... Sorry, very random but these things tend to play on my mind and it never occurred to me to just google it - doh!

silvermist
23-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Sorry I was being nosy...just wanted to add.....our Bunyip is indeed a mythical creature! Although I find him more mysterious than mythical! :laughing::laughing:

cathtee
23-03-2013, 03:13 PM
.....our Bunyip is indeed a mythical creature! Although I find him more mysterious than mythical! :laughing::laughing:

never a trewer (sp) word said :laughing:

FussyElmo
23-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Dont forget you have to put citizen in front of the bunyip ;-)

Rick
23-03-2013, 05:09 PM
But Sir before that! :laughing:

funemnx
23-03-2013, 05:13 PM
The Bunyip is said to be nocturnal and it is claimed that the Bunyip emerges from his watery home at night to feast on animals of all manner, even women and children!!!:panic:

With no real proof its hard to say if this legendary beast is real or not, there will always be skeptics and there will always be believers, we will probably never know for sure!:rolleyes:

We know the Bunyip is real don't we? :D

WibbleWobble
23-03-2013, 08:28 PM
i have head Bunyip is related to the Jabberwocky......

wibble the knowledgeable x

bunyip
24-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Yup, an Indigenous (AKA "Aboriginal") Australian creature with some eating habits that link it to the idea of evil spirits within Nature. :)