PDA

View Full Version : Do you still do a summertive assessmet ?

Angela234
22-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Hi as the title says do you still do a summery where their at now in the areas of EYFS? like a mini 2 year check.
I started back minding in SEpt and done one for the LJ after a couple of months but thought i'd start doing one that you share with parents and other settings if used (I did share the other one with parents but just as a page in LJ)

mY CHILDREN ARE AGE BETWEEN 15 AND 19 MONTHS so would you just use the prime areas and characteristics or would you also include the other 4 areas if they link into them
looking forward to hear what you do

I was going to give parents a update one before Easter
Thanks

sarah707
22-03-2013, 01:39 PM
I do a summary assessment every 6 months - birthday and 6 months later - just to make sure they are making good progress.

I focus on the prime areas for the little ones - but I do include a bit about their love of music, arts and crafts, dancing etc because it's all part of who they are :D

Angela234
23-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Thanks Sarah that's what I thought got most of them done yesterday well 3 1 left to do wanted to get them done by Easter hols their ages are 15 months and 18 months and 2x 19 months so next ones will be around 2 years, 15 month leaving June will just do one for him then.

Rubybubbles
23-03-2013, 10:57 AM
yes I do:D

very much like Gerty Gasbag