PDA

View Full Version : Help me please!

Katiekoo
21-03-2013, 08:41 PM
I really need help to get started on a diet and exercise routine, I just weighed myself and was a bit shocked! I'm constantly ill and under the weather :(
DH is also over weight and I'm worried for dd (nearly 5) as she gets older.
So my aims are to lose 2 stone, get well and healthy, set a good example and tone up in the tummy area. Anyone got any good diets or excercises I could try, I need inspiration as I've really never done this before - I've always been one of those annoying people who could eat whatever they liked and not put on weight - those days are clearly gone!
So please lovely people help!

vickie-marieo
21-03-2013, 08:44 PM
didn't want to read and run - but wishing you luck!!!! I unfortunately don't have any advice but hope that it all goes well (:

skatie
21-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Just to say I'm in the same boat except will power is severely lacking! I woke up this morning, weighed myself, got in a v bad mood, decided from hence forth I would eat healthily and excessive so started the day off with yummy banana and strawberry smoothie and have ended the day eating two rolo puddings :-( oh well, tomorrow is another day.... No advice, just hope you have better will power than me! Good luck!

cathtee
21-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Hi have a look at slimming world, it's very versitile and you can eat almost anything without counting calories, the group I go to has lots
of male members and 1 has lost 10 stone another 12 stone the ladies have done well too, 5 stones and other 2 or 3 stones. Have a look at
their website, good luck

lubeam
21-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Everyone is different so you'll have to find something that works for you, could u calorie count ?! Weight watchers ?! Slimming world ?!

As far as working out try 30 day shred by Gillian michaels it's ace ! Only 20mins a day but a great work out for toning :) it Pilates is amazing for toning ya tum :) hth :)

RuthJ
21-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Slimming world is great, and works. Picking up a wii/wii fit from my Mum's tomorrow as she's going to loan it to me so I can try it out. I've heard lots of positive reports on it so looking forward to seeing some results in time for our holiday in June :)

Good luck!

The Juggler
21-03-2013, 10:53 PM
i swear by the lifestyle programme I did.

Ignore the exercise bit - it's hardcore - but the eating is a lifestyle change completely. I tell you what though swapping most of my carbs for added veg, eggs, etc - my skin has been better this last 2 years than ever before. I do exercise but I do what I enjoy -zumba, circuit classes.

It's called gym junkies 30 day fat loss programme. PM me and I'll e-mail it to you. You don't need to follow it 100%. I did sometimes have carbs for brekkie, ate them 2 days a week for evening meal AND I had wine and chocs each weekend and I still lost loads. After the 30 days you follow 70:30 ish and maintain. I've maintained for 2 1/2 years now.

Find an exercise you enjoy though, aerobics, aqua, zumba whatever but as it says you CAN'T OUT EXERCISE BAD NUTRITION so it's more about what you eat.

:thumbsup:

Katiekoo
22-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Hi, thanks for the suggestions, I'm excited to get going now! Juggler, your inbox is full!
:)
K

helena_j
22-03-2013, 05:32 PM
I am doing weight watchers not going to meetings but using the things and doing it alone. Joined the gym end of last year and so far started year well then past month and a bit been off track.
This week started back on it and hoping for a good result amazingly only gained a couple of pound in month and a bit I ate rubbish.
Struggling now I am hungry most this time of day!

snortlet
23-03-2013, 11:09 AM
my husband and i are trying eating more fruit and veg, swimming two or three times a week and using a phone app called my fitness pal to track what we eat. it makes me stop and think a bit that the extra snacks and leftovers i had been eating add a fair bit to my calories each day. progress is slow, just 2 or 3 pounds off a week but it is working. best of luck xx

kellyskidz!
23-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Me, my mum and sister tried the 5 C's diet, which we made up. No crisps, chips, chocolate, cheese or cake at all except for your 1 C-Day a week where you can have 2 from the C-list (only a small amount, no giant bags of crisps!) We started off doing it as kind of a joke but then we all lost over 4lb in the first week. All lost more than 1/2 a stone since starting 3 weeks ago so somethings working :) Good luck to you xx

SammyL
23-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Eat healthily, drink as much water as possible, try to avoid anything ready made & exercise lots.

Don't be afraid to lift weights - they help to tone.

Have a look at slimming secrets website - amazing!