PDA

View Full Version : Funded sessions

zippy
16-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Does anyone out there just offer funded sessions on a term time only basis, something I'm maybe looking into with a small amount of wrap around care, mainly because I'd like to have the holidays free for my own kids. Now that funded sessions can be delivered over just two days thought this might be a viable option for people who want to return to work for just a vouple of days a week and encure no childcare fees. Sound great in theory but really don't think it's achievable :-( is the demand going I be there, our nurseries are pretty full round here. Anyone any experience of this? How did you market yourself?

Zoomie
16-03-2013, 09:50 PM
I offer funded sessions. One child takes all their hours with me, the other I share with the nursery. Your idea sounds great in theory, but have no idea if it would actually work.

Lots of childminders do offer term time only, so that is definitely possible, but it does depend on the needs of your families. Of my 6 mindees, only 1 is tt only, another has teachers as parents, but still comes during the holidays.

blue bear
17-03-2013, 07:42 AM
I have 8 eyfs children one is full time 8-6 and comes in the holidays the rest just come for their funded session term time only, one of those shares his funding between me and pre school but the others just have funding with me.
It's taken a long time for parents to cotton onto the fact they can send their child to a childminder purely for funding, at the moment I'm quite in demand for this and have been turning people away. It's the low ratios and the fact I take the children out and about and follow each child's individual interests. The pre schools and nurseries here and very vocal about the fact that ofsted won't let you teach children to write their name or explore letters and sounds, which is poppy cock and works in my favour because whilst I don't force it on children if that's their interest of course I let them explore it.

I do work holidays with my after school children and children who have gone onto school but don't need wrap around care in term time, so I'm very full and busy just now. It works really well because none of the funded children are here after school.