PDA

View Full Version : Do I chargewhilst child is at playgroup?

emma04
03-01-2008, 09:33 PM
I had a question from a mum interested in placing her child with me for two days so that she could attend a preschool rather than be in nursery all week. Now, do i charge whilst the child is at preschool? i will have her from 8.30-9.30am....preschool from 9.30-12.00....with me again from 12.00-3.00pm

I have planned to charge a discounted rate whilst the child is at preschool, but full hourly rate whilst she is in my care. I thought this would be ok seeing as i would most likely still be responsible for the child if she needed to be collected from preschool through illness or something.:(

Please let me know your thoughts:)

Thank you

Lou
03-01-2008, 09:35 PM
If it were me i would charge the full amount while child is at pre school.

You wouldnt be able to fill that space while child is there so therefore thats why i would charge.

I would make myself a contact though so if child has to be collected for any reason you would pick up.

Thats just what i would do.

LittleMissSparkles
03-01-2008, 09:37 PM
i would charge her full fees from 8.30 till 3 as you will not be able to fill the place whilst she is at pre school and also you are taking her and fetching her back x

miffy
03-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Hi Emma

I charge in full whilst the child is at preschool as it would be very difficult to fill her space for the few hours she was there.

What if preschool were to close you would be needed to look after the child so you have to have a place available. Also what about school holidays - would a place be needed then?

Mum would have to pay at nursey so don't do yourself down.

Miffy xx

emler
03-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Ditto

Emler x

bubbly
03-01-2008, 09:41 PM
I would charge full fees. You're highly unlikely to fill the child's place whilst she's at pre school and I expect you're the person pre school would contact if the child is ill and needed collecting. Don't undersell yourself - charge full fees.

emma04
03-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks for that, she hasn't come back to me yet, hadnt' really thought about holidays, but will probably give her a charge for the whole period rather than breaking it down so that she can see the discount, that way she has to pay that fee like everyone else even when her child doesnt come to me (such as in the hols):)

Banana
03-01-2008, 10:05 PM
I agree with the others.

Charge full pay as you cant fill the space

xx

angeldelight
03-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Good luck Emma I hope she gets back to you

Angel xx

Polly2
04-01-2008, 08:46 AM
I am in the same situation and I charge full fees right through. I just explained that I wouldn't be able to fill that space.

Parents were really grateful in the run up to xmas because the playschool shut earlier than expected but the children could come to me all day because they had their space with me if you see what I mean.

Anyway hope it goes ok with mum

berkschick
04-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Hi,

I have in my policies that I charge full fee while child is at pre-school for reasons already stated.

Also, I look at it that pre-school isnt charged for once they are 3 so its not like she is paying twice, she will only be paying you.

Good luck!

Love

Debbie

Mollymop
04-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Good luck Emma,:)
Let us know how it goes. Don't feel guilty asking for full fees as like the others have said playschools don't charge once the child is 3, plus you have to be on stand by to pick the child up. You will have to take the child to playschool and pick them up - so you will only get a little time at home without them anyway.
Plus - I should think most of the other childminders round your way would charge her aswell.

XX

Schnakes
05-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Sandra - I would advise Emma to charge if she were dropping off AND picking up but she isnt. I think it is totally unreasonable to ask to be paid for those hours the child is at nursery since the mother is doing pick up.

Sx

Schnakes
05-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Arrgh! sorry - wrong thread...how embaressing!!! :blush:

Sorry Emma :)

Sx

Rubybubbles
05-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Arrgh! sorry - wrong thread...how embaressing!!! :blush:

Sorry Emma :)

Sx

haha I know which one you meant to go on to teehee sorry made me laugh:laughing:

Emma - I'm soft and don't charge whilst at pre-school but intend to with future children! It's only 2 1/2 hours here and no was I can fill (but it's only for one and I have full time baby) but when the hols come it makes my bills seem good:D

Spangles
05-01-2008, 07:21 PM
That made me smile Schnakes! It's something I've worried about doing myself! Ha ha!

Don't be embarrassed!