PDA

View Full Version : training and permission

Boo_Bear
12-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Hi i have been accepted to do my diploma in childcare, its a learn at home one, but i am wondering do i need to ask parents permission for my assessor to come in?

also i have to attend a 6 workshops within the years course, how do i tell parents.

help please.

Thanks

sarah707
12-03-2013, 09:42 PM
You don't need permission for the assessor to come in - but you do need permission if you want to use photos or other documentation as part of your course.

Hth :D

thills
12-03-2013, 10:08 PM
When I did my diploma I had a little piece of paper to show parents which they signed saying they acknowledged I was doing my diploma and that they were happy for their child to be watched by assessor while I was being assessed but would not be named or photographed x

Stapleton83
12-03-2013, 10:25 PM
You don't need to have parental permission, although I did make all of mine aware, and reminded those whose children were in my care when the assessor came. I wasn't allowed to discuss any specific children or submit work with photos of children on which got around the permission issue anyway.

Good luck.

Sam x:thumbsup:

Boo_Bear
13-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Thanks. I will write a letter to the parents informing them of my course. Thank you x