PDA

View Full Version : What paperwork do you do...?

LittleLamb
30-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Hi everyone - I've read quite a bit about EYFS and been on courses. I have often heard childminders saying that they have a lot of paperwork...I'm confused as I don't understand what paperwork everyone is doing. I do my attendance register and initially my contracts/child record forms. Can anyone she any light please...? thanks xxx:jump for joy:

Mrs M
30-06-2008, 10:30 AM
You don't HAVE to be doing tonnes of paperwork but there is quite a bit in my opinion. Yes, you have your contracts and attendance record. How about keeping a visitor's book up to date, accounts records, policies, daily/weekly/monthly observations on the children, newsletters for parents, short term/long term planning... these are just a few off the top of my head that I can think of at the moment. I have a pen handy and a packet of post it notes and record as much interesting info as I can. I also have my digital camera and take lots of photos as evidence for my observations. I suppose I do a lot that isn't necessary such as daily safety checks, fridge/freezer temp check forms, baby sleeping record but using these helps me to run an organised business but everyone's different. I met some childminders on a course recently who did none of what I do and they get along just fine. They also didn't have signs all over their houses like I do which my poor husband has to deal with! But Ofsted liked it.

sarah707
30-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Like Emma says it's down to the individual how much you do.

Ultimately you have to be able to show Ofsted that you are helping children to achieve, working in partnership with parents and other settings, running an organised and safe business, keeping everyone healthy etc ... ie fulfilling all the criterion of the every child matters agenda and the eyfs.

How you do that really is up to do.

The more efficiently you can show you do that will reflect in your Ofsted grade. :D

LittleLamb
30-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks for your replies...they are very helpful and I can start to sort out what I need to do..!:)

angeldelight
30-06-2008, 09:30 PM
There is also some information on the Bromley website that you might find useful

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/

Angel xx