PDA

View Full Version : notifying parents of fees increase

nell57
30-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Hi ladies

I have decided to increase my fees, giving a months notice from today. I have worked out the increase, so I'm OK with that, but wanted to include a short note as a matter of courtesy, explaining the increase, but I haven't got a clue how to word it.

I would be very grateful if any one can help me, as I'm no good with words and I really want to sound professional.

Many thanks.

Helen

mrsb
30-06-2008, 12:00 PM
I would just state the facts and be to the point. Don't apologise for increasing the fees.

Maybe something along the lines of:

Dear .......
This is to inform you that from 1st August 2008 my fees will be ........

If you want to say that this is to keep inline with increasing costs etc then do but I would just keep it simple, parents all know that the cost of living is rising etc so they should understand

Good luck:thumbsup:

miffy
30-06-2008, 12:11 PM
I agree with mrsb - short and simple is best - don't apologise for increasing your fees though you are entitled to do that

miffy xx

cloud9
30-06-2008, 12:52 PM
I had to raise mine and it went like this.......

Dear.....
I have not raised my costs for the last .... years however this year I am forced to do so in response to the increase in costs of providing a childcare service.
Therefore your childcare costs will be increased to the following amounts..... The new fee’s will be stated in your new contract and will come into effect from ....... Please also accept my apologies for this I was hoping not to have to raise my fees and I have always endevoured to keep prices to a minimum but I am sure you can appreciate the increase in costs such as food, petrol etc.
In addition to this with all the extra work that is involved in delivering the EYFS I am spending an increased number of hours in the evening with planning work to support the daily role.

your sincerely........

Mrs.L.C
30-06-2008, 01:35 PM
I had to raise mine and it went like this.......

Dear.....
I have not raised my costs for the last .... years however this year I am forced to do so in response to the increase in costs of providing a childcare service.
Therefore your childcare costs will be increased to the following amounts..... The new fee’s will be stated in your new contract and will come into effect from ....... Please also accept my apologies for this I was hoping not to have to raise my fees and I have always endevoured to keep prices to a minimum but I am sure you can appreciate the increase in costs such as food, petrol etc.
In addition to this with all the extra work that is involved in delivering the EYFS I am spending an increased number of hours in the evening with planning work to support the daily role.

your sincerely........

thanks for that. Just writing a letter to parents about fee increases and used some of your idea to help it make sence

cloud9
30-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Thats ok and good luck.

Trouble
30-06-2008, 08:49 PM
dont you have to do this with renewal of contracts only?????

im sure ive just read it in the ncma book

marian
30-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Hi I have just sent a very short 'friendly' note out to my parents about fee increases-

Notice of fee increases

Sorry folks but due to everything going up in price - namely petrol and food I am having to increase the fees to ......................

I have had only positive responses so far

Marian

nell57
01-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks you everyone I have taken all your advice on board.

C.l.matt have used a some of your notes to compliment what I already had in mind, so thank you:thumbsup:

Rascal, yes you are right, I had not seen the advice in the ncma hand book(until now). Most contracts in my case are due for renewal, some over due:blush: Thanks for pointing it out as this has being a help to.

Helen

Mrs.L.C
01-07-2008, 08:17 PM
yes think u r right with the contracts but i think most of mine r overdue.

So far also had positive feed back and parents saying im surprised u havnt put them up yet anyway