PDA

View Full Version : Just had my pre reg visit!

Buckoblue
11-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Just thought I would share my experience. I have not posted a lot on here but I have read a lot and it has really helped so I thought I would let everyone who hasn't had there visit yet know how it went.

She turned up 25 minutes early which was a nightmare for me as my son is ill and I had not had chance to do my last minute swatting up!

The lady from Ofsted was lovely and checked my ID and my first aid certificate and local authority course certificate. I have done quite a lot of extra training which my local authority run and she loved that!

She was very interested in my risk assessment and she went round the house with my risk assessment to see if I had covered everything.

She asked what I need to inform Ofsted of, what equal opp resources I have in place and she spent a lot of time talking about the 2 year check and asking me specific questions about it. Luckily I had read up on it as my daughter is 3 in 3 weeks and she still hasn't had hers from the Playgroup she attends!

She looked at my safeguarding policy, my complaints policy and my behavior management policy.

She was only there for just over an hour. I really thought it was going to be a lot worse than it was. She could see that I had prepared and commented that I had done a lot of work. She could see that I had lots written for my preparing for our registration document and she was very happy with the extra training that I have done.

For everyone who has got theirs coming up it really isn't that bad. I am happy that I have a clean house for a few days now! :laughing:

sarah707
11-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Thank you for sharing! I am sure it will help other newly registering childminders... and I'm glad it wasn't as scary as you thought :laughing: :D

Rick
11-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Congratulations! The waiting is always the worst part. I'm waiting for the call for my graded inspection so know how you were feeling! :D

Little miss
11-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Well done, I have my pre reg visit on Wednesday morning!

swmabo
11-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks for sharing, I have just sent off my paperwork (CRB and HD) to Ofsted so hoping it wont be much longer for me!
Still have lots to get done, especially with my house! Dreaded risk assessments!
Yey for you!
:clapping:

Rachael's stars
11-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the adviceine is booked for the 27th and im not sure if im scared or excited

Grantham cmg
11-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Glad it all went well.:) Do you get any help and support from the Local Authority ?? We're in Lincolnshire and the Local Authority have not renewed the contract for the NCMA Development team, so as of the end of March we're pretty much on our own. For many childminders this won't pose much of a probem as many of us are very proactive and we have an excellent support group where we share news and ideas etc. I do worry though for new childminders coming through, as setting up your buisiness from scratch is quite daunting, and getting your head round what Ofsted requires from you is hard enough when you've been doing this job for years !!!!!! We wait and see what happens !!