PDA

View Full Version : Other Mindees in pics?

lor
11-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Hi there,
Can anyone help when doing obs either written or photos do you use name and photos of your other minded and your own children or do you refer to others as child X

Seems so impersonal especially when all my parents know each other.

Many thanks xx

Tealady
11-03-2013, 01:44 PM
I get permission for their photo to be included in anothers LJ. I also advise parents that first names only are used. As you say they all know each other and the names of who is there on the days their LO attends. Think it's a bit different in a nursery situation.

sarah707
11-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Not so long ago a childminder was actioned by Ofsted for putting her own child's name in another child's diary!!

The inspector said that she MIGHT forget and put a childminded child's name in the diary in the future...

So I always advise people to put Jack (his brother)... John (my son)... Jennie (his cousin)... another child... a friend etc.

Hth :D

lor
11-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Sorry just wanted to be sure,
Do you mean that if I take picture of two children(or more) I should only put the name of the child whos book I am putting it in?
and when writing up an ob again I should only use the name of the child whos profile book it is going in?

For example johnny and another child from my setting playing with lego

What about pics am I supposed to blur out faces?

sorry for asking again have got into a bit of a panic
xx

sarah707
11-03-2013, 07:44 PM
At the end of the day with pictures it's up to the parents - and you must have it in writing before sharing photos of one child with other families.

It should be part of your photo permission - to use photos for -

display around the house

on the noticeboard

in newsletters

in the chidl's Learning Journey file

in other children's LJ files

in my coursework ...

:D

MessybutHappy
11-03-2013, 07:44 PM
I think you are ok with pictures unless a parent hasn't given permission, so when I explain how pictures are used I also ask if they mind their children being in other childrens lj's. I have one who's said no...so I'm getting good at taking angled shots!!!

MessybutHappy
11-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Sarah beat me to it!!!

MessybutHappy
11-03-2013, 07:47 PM
And put it much more clearly!!

sarah707
11-03-2013, 07:58 PM
And put it much more clearly!!

:laughing::laughing:

I'm not sure I'm making sense tonight. Thank you for the vote of confidence :clapping:

lor
11-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Thank you xxx

dette
11-03-2013, 08:08 PM
OMG ...i have loads of references to other children in diaries and LJ's.The parents like to know who their LO's have been playing with and what frienships they have made...panicing now...can i get permision from parents to do this to cover myself with OFSTED.

silvermist
11-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Me too!!!!!! :panic::panic::panic:

My parents also like to know what theyve been up to and with who etc.... the thing is all my mindees parents know eachother and are friends! x

dette
11-03-2013, 08:44 PM
ooohhh got this post all wrong ..i'm trying again below LOL

dette
11-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Me too!!!!!! :panic::panic::panic:

My parents also like to know what theyve been up to and with who etc.... the thing is all my mindees parents know eachother and are friends! x

Ok lets get our heads together and sort this..

words to the effect of
as a parent myself i fully understand how hard it is to leave our little ones,so i want you to be fully informed about your childs day.due to confidentiallity we are limited to the amount of info we can share between parents so to do this i need your permision to use your childs first name in other childrens obs and diaries and like wise permission from other parents to use their childs name in your little ones diary,this way you will have a full picture of your childs day.

would this pass OFSTEDs watchful eye or am i kidding myself ???

Daisy1956
11-03-2013, 09:29 PM
I use initials in daily diaries etc, parents all know each other so know which child they are playing with. But a few years ago Ofsted pulled me up on it so now I am careful about it.

littlemiss60561
11-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Ooh I add my sons name sometimes and his pic gets inc in others ljs.. But thought it was ok as it was my child. I don't add other childrens pics in his lj. Nor do I inc other childrens pics in each others. Group shots go in the main scrap book. I was thinking of adding permission slips to share pics between ljs as. Have some lovely shots and think it would be nice as a keep sake to see when there 21 who there friends were etc.
when writing up a dialogue I put first initial for every child and then can photocopy for each child's lj

phoenix2010
12-03-2013, 08:55 AM
I use pictures of other children in childrens ljs , and I mention them in each others diaries

I have permission from parents to do both when they do all the initial paperwork

I thought that was ok but now im not so sure :(

singingcactus
12-03-2013, 09:34 AM
I use the other childrens names. All the parents know all the kids names, and they call the children by their names, it's hardly a confidentiality issue to call a child by their given name. I have never had an issue with ofsted or network coordinators for referring to the children by their name. I only use their given name not their family name.

lor
12-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Hi there,
Thanks for all the posts concerning my question regarding other mindees in pics

Have now changed my permission slip to include not only photos to be used but also names now reads like this

I agree that my child can be included in photos for the purpose of my child's and other minded children's learning journals
and that their first name maybe mentioned in daily diaries or learning journals.

What do you think?

Many thanks xx

hectors house
12-03-2013, 10:27 AM
I use the other childrens names. All the parents know all the kids names, and they call the children by their names, it's hardly a confidentiality issue to call a child by their given name. I have never had an issue with ofsted or network coordinators for referring to the children by their name. I only use their given name not their family name.

I do the same, the parents all know the other mindees name & they also know the names of the other parents - I refuse to write an observation that sounds like an Ikea flat pack instruction "child A played with child B and then joined child C playing with the sand!" It might be different in nursery settings but I sell myself as being a home from home. I am quite prepared to argue with Ofsted even if it means I get marked down to Satisfactory. The world has gone quite mad on confidentiality.:(

gef918
22-03-2013, 09:04 PM
When I am with my minded children I am always talking about the children who aren't there, whether they come on a different day or are at school, etc. That's one of the ways I build relationships between the children and help them feel part of my community. I want parents to be doing the same thing at home - talking to their child about their friends that they play with at my house! One of the few things that I will be happy to argue with OFSTED about!

The Juggler
22-03-2013, 10:50 PM
all my parents know the names of all my other children. I have a permission form from all parents saying they are happy for pictures of their child to be used in other children's learning journeys :thumbsup: