PDA

View Full Version : QIA

cbj1609
11-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Has anyone been involved with the Quality improvement programme to become a network childminder, a Quality Assured Childminding Network

Looking into this and need to know what is expected of you and what things get checked. I have meeting tomorrow about it so just looking for a heads up on any questions they are likely to ask.

hello kitty
11-03-2013, 02:07 PM
I may be wrong! but I thought this was being phased out as anyone/everyone will be able to accept the early education funding which is basically what being a network childminder is for, from September 2013.

If you go through with it now they will ask you to jump through lots and lots and lots of hoops and just that little bit higher than before!!

jillplum
11-03-2013, 03:04 PM
In my area it is very difficult. I am part of a quality assured network, have a good grade and a NVQ level 3 but am unable to access the funding! I hope they do bring in the new rules as I would like to be able to offer funded places.

moggy
11-03-2013, 03:24 PM
our area has recently stopped doing this as free entitlement rules changed. So not Network, no Accredited, just need a Good/Outstanding grade and Level 3. When I did do it it was no big deal- some hoop-jumping and showing 'best practice' really, over and above the basic requirements.

WibbleWobble
11-03-2013, 03:55 PM
as i am browsing the forum...

i am filling in the flamin EYQISP forms for this....i am on a short deal as i need to have this in place for after easter (yes i know i shouldve done it earlier but....)

and knowing my luck in a few weeks time it will be obsolete

wibble the paperwork queen x

jillplum
11-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Some in my area have been trying to become accredited for ov a year now!

Kirstylob
17-03-2013, 05:15 PM
I have been trying to become accredited for several years so I can offer funded places, but less than useless Development Officers haven't helped at all. We have a new one know who is supposed to be coming to see me about it and I know saw a friend of mine who is also a childminder and I'm sure she never mentioned that there were changes coming in. I'll have to ask her if I ever see her!

teacake2
18-03-2013, 07:17 PM
I have just resigned from mine after being part of it for 10 years, infact was part of the initial setting up and keeping it going. I had a previous thread where after an unannounced visit from hell it was the final straw that broke the camel's back as the saying goes.
If it is decided I can't offer the funding next January I will just have to get on with it, but as it stands I should be able to offer funding by having a Good grade so I am leaving it like that at the moment.
Teacake2