PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about redundancies and divorce settlement splitting PLEASE

desiderata
11-03-2013, 09:27 AM
As most of you know my divorce went through last year but he hadnt finalised the settlement of the house etc. we are still arguing over it, well now he has had a letter from work saying he might be made redundant so has asked it all goes on hold at the moment. I Dont know where I stand or what to think ? any ideas anyone,, I can see us being in a cardboard box at this rate :((((

shortstuff
11-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Im sorry i dont know anything on these matters. Im sure there will be someone along shortly.

Toothfairy
11-03-2013, 10:53 AM
My DH was made redundant a few years ago but how redundancy will affect your divorce settlement, I have no idea, sorry.
Could you ring your solicitor or maybe CAB?

sarah707
11-03-2013, 06:36 PM
You need to get your solicitor onto it - it needs sorting out you can't live with uncertainty like this :(

Hugs xx

The Juggler
11-03-2013, 06:49 PM
i agree with Sarah hon, you need proper advice.

:thumbsup:

blue bear
11-03-2013, 06:58 PM
:group hug::group hug: sounds like you need it. Why does he want it all on hold do you think? Get some legal advice.

desiderata
11-03-2013, 07:45 PM
These letters have come through the solicitor, hes sent the letter from work to his solicitor who has forwarded to mine saying all on hold, who has then forwarded it to me. My head is spinning !! i havent slept right for the last twelve months was hoping it was all gonna be over .

chriss
11-03-2013, 08:09 PM
shouldn't the financial side be all sorted out before the actual divorce goes through I would get to your solicicitor asap. maybe your ex is waiting till he has no income to base the settlement on :panic:

desiderata
11-03-2013, 08:15 PM
yeah I did not think the divorce would go through till we had sorted it but it did . Its one hell of a mess at the mo x