PDA

View Full Version : Sending information

sprinkles
10-03-2013, 08:36 PM
What do you send to parents who you haven't met yet? I've had a couple of enquiries through my facebook page and have just sent them a copy of my fees policy, my page about the setting and my pets policy as I know people can be iffy about pets.

Should I find a way of putting the main bits into one document? I feel they don't need to know the whole lot of information before meeting but would like to let them know the most important things like about the setting, my fees, sickness etc and about the pets.

I am thinking of then getting some leaflets printed from vista print to give them once they have been for a visit.

Any thoughts or other ideas?

Minstrel
10-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Initially I don't send them any policies! I ask them what they are looking for days/hours, age of child, any school/pre school/ siblings to take account of and I make sure they know where I live to make sur its convenient. If all seems like somehting I can help with I then invite them round here to meet.

We discuss bits of my policies as it comes up in general conversation and i have a full set in my parent pack along with references and certificates. They receive their own copy to keep when they sign a contract.

sprinkles
10-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Im not registered yet so am not arranging meetings as don't know exactly what I'm offering yet. The enquiries I've had are for June/July so I just sent over information for them to look at and decide if they wanted to proceed further with me. I don't want to send policies but it's the easiest way for me to send any information. Think I'll put some general info on one page though - just the same stuff I'll put on a leaflet for them to take away after initial meeting.

MessybutHappy
11-03-2013, 07:12 AM
I have a parent info leaflet, but I print it off as I need it so I can change it if I need our want to.