PDA

View Full Version : Monthly planning

Kirstylob
10-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Hi,
Every month I complete a monthly planning sheet. This is an A4 sheet which notes the theme, any festivals/celebrations that month, any children's birthdays and CP toys and resources.
I then break it into weeks which I write in details of what crafts/activities and outings I have planned for that week, resources I may need. It also shows whether there will be playdough/chalking/painting etc and what small world toys there will be, i.e farm, Happy land zoo etc. I also show which area of the EYFS it mainly links to.
Is that enough detail?
Thanks for all your help and advise.

sarah707
10-03-2013, 05:50 PM
That sounds like loads!! I don't think I do that much... I tend to refer to continuous provision as I write up observations or refer back to what the children have actually done during the week.

Do you find some of what you are writing is not used each month?

If so, there is nothing to stop you doing some in advance and some after the event when you reflect on how it's gone and what the children have learned.

Hth :D

Kirstylob
10-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Thanks Sarah. Sometimes things don't happen but that depends on the children and sometimes plans change daily!
I do sometimes add info on and have section at the bottom for additional notes. This is usually used for reminders of school holidays and older children being here or a parents birthday so I need to remember that the child needs to make a card!
Glad I'm doing it OK!