PDA

View Full Version : Safety Proofing

KGill
09-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am currently doing my cypop5 course and trying to get my home in order too. What have you used to lock up personal doc's, should i get a special unit or lockable cupboard? What do people use? I am also putting magnetic catches on my cupboards in hall and i haven't attempted the kitchen yet, how far have you gone to safe proof your home? fridge, cooker etc. I have 2 little ones of my own and just said NO (firmly and with explanation) and that has worked but obviously now i need to show care and caution to children in my care.
Any help and advice would be hugely appreciated, thanks :)

Karisa

Rachael's stars
10-03-2013, 11:39 AM
I have got a lockable filing cabinet under my stairs for documents, iv also got a lasscle kiddy guard between my kitchen and dining room as there is an arch deviding them and I don't want little ones in the kitchen while im cooking, iv got cupboard latches on all my kitchen doors, and iv fitted window restrictors on the bedroom and dinning room windows as they are quite low and lead straight onto the street any higher windows I just keep locked
I dont use socket covers and I have stair gates at top and bottom of stairs

KGill
10-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Thank you, i hadn't thought of window restricters. I think i will do the same for private docs. I need to get a very narrow safety gate for my kitchen doorway but gonna attempt to put locks on kitchen cabinets next sat. Thanks again just wanted to make sure i wasn't going over board and had thought of most things :) x x