PDA

View Full Version : pre reg visit booked :-)

Rachael's stars
08-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Ofsted phoned today and my pre reg visit is booked for marvh 27th...... finally got a date after submitting all my forms in early november!!

Has anyone got any tips or advice for me?

mummyMia
09-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Well done :clapping:

Just relax, I am sure you will be fine. I had lots of paperwork and things ready for the inspector but she didn't want to look at any of it and said that was for the graded inspection. She sked me some basic information about my background and then wanted me to take her around the house and show her what safety precautions I was planning on putting in place. She was super lovely. :)

Rachael's stars
09-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Thanks, its the whole going into the unknown that bothers me most, iv been going mad getting things sorted but worry that something wont be good enough on the day, iv sorted my house out and my garden is fine,
The more I look through my paperwork the more I want to change, im sure im making work for myself, I just dont want to look like I dont no what im doing lol

sarah707
09-03-2013, 02:37 PM
I am constantly updating my paperwork and tweaking things - that's normal - you just need some basic ideas in place.

Work through the pre-reg booklet that will give you clues about what your inspector will ask.

Don't forget to give our newly registering members feedback when your visit is over! :D

Rachael's stars
09-03-2013, 03:40 PM
I sure will, iv filled in my booklet think I will keep reading eyfs ect every night until the visit

benandjerrys
11-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Im sure you will be fine, I will look forward to hearing how it went and any tips you have!

leah.kyranidis
11-03-2013, 11:04 AM
How long did your crb take to come back? Mine was sent off 3 weeks ago but not heard anything yet x

Rachael's stars
11-03-2013, 11:09 AM
I think it was about 5 or 6 weeks but some come back quicker than that, my social services checks held me up as they couldnt get my local council to respond the only advice id give is phone at least once a week they were waiting for s copy of my first aid certificate but never once told me they wanted it x

leah.kyranidis
11-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Do you mean phone ofsted once a week? I have spoke with them and said they have everything apart from the crb now! Is there a way that I can chase the crb?

Miss freckles
13-03-2013, 01:32 PM
I'm waiting for my crb to come back too, I sent it off 3 weeks ago my husband got his back a week ago, I'm still waiting. Don't know how long it can take to come back. How long roughly after your crb check come back is your pre reg?

leah.kyranidis
14-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Mine come back today after 3 weeks, but still waiting in my partners! Got lots to do now as think it can be just a couple of weeks for ofsted to come out x

shortstuff
14-03-2013, 09:32 PM
There is a way to check your crb online but i cant remember how, sorry. I phoned ofsted to enquire about mine. They told me over the phone how to monitor progress online. It was really easy, i just wish i could remember who or the site name i went on to do it.

Little miss
14-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Ofsted will also be able to tell you what stage your DBS is at - stage 4 is police checks and then it gets printed and sent to you and then ofsted a couple of days later. Mine and my partners cane back a week apart - mine first, his arrived on a Thursday and I got the pre reg call the next Monday and was booked in for the next week.