PDA

View Full Version : Which safeguarding course?

benandjerrys
06-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Hi, I need to complete a safeguarding course as im in the process of registering. Iv spoke to my local council and they have said i have to complete a basic course plus a two day course as a desginated person which will cost a hundred pound a day? This seems quite expensive to me. Any one else ding safeguarding pre reg?

thills
06-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Hi, I just have a basic child protection course and ofsted seem happy with that, although as I renewed my train subscription yesterday I did wonder if I am supposed to have designated person training as well, but neither of my friends hold it either.

Chimps Childminding
06-03-2013, 03:14 PM
We are just doing a 6 hour couse for Designated Senior Members of Staff (or something like that :rolleyes:), we were advised by our Improvement Officer that this was what was needed for us, but it only cost us £15, so I would be checking that you can't get something cheaper!! £100 a day seems awfully expensive :(

sarah707
06-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Your course must be local authority approved - it says so in the EYFS.

I think all courses are going to cost money in the future - very little will be free any more but that price does sound excessive so maybe ask for an alternative.

And yes you need to do another one - the one from your pre-reg course is not enough. A childminder has this as an action on her recent inspection report.

Hth :D

lilac_dragon
06-03-2013, 08:48 PM
I accessed my LA online training site last week and it says that the Safeguarding course is now cut to only 3 hours , and it's still free!