PDA

View Full Version : Ok Guys and Gals talk to me about increasing numbers when working with dh.

FussyElmo
05-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Had an enquiry today (first for ages and will do termtime only) but will take me over my numbers depending on what days she wants.

Now dh is already registered as my assistant but I have never extended my numbers. What do I need to do under the new eyfs.

Really want to say yes and its a shame to turn down 3 siblings for an hour.

Could I say dh was responsible for my two or doesnt that work once they are in school :D

sarah707
05-03-2013, 06:19 PM
It's a grey area... because you cannot take on children for new business and go over your normal numbers... variations are only for continuity of care.

However, if you work with an assistant you can increase your numbers as long as you show you are meeting all the children's needs -

Changes to Conditions of Registration (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/changestoconditionsofregistration.html)

But even with an assistant if you go over 6 under 8 you must first apply for and be awarded planning permission and that is a can of worms.

Hth :D

FussyElmo
05-03-2013, 06:31 PM
It's a grey area... because you cannot take on children for new business and go over your normal numbers... variations are only for continuity of care.

However, if you work with an assistant you can increase your numbers as long as you show you are meeting all the children's needs -

Changes to Conditions of Registration (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/changestoconditionsofregistration.html)

But even with an assistant if you go over 6 under 8 you must first apply for and be awarded planning permission and that is a can of worms.

Thanks Sarah :thumbsup:

chriss
05-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Just about planning permission...so are you saying that if the children 8yrs and over, the planning dept arent concerned about numbers. Its only for under 8s ? Thanks

sarah707
05-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Just about planning permission...so are you saying that if the children 8yrs and over, the planning dept arent concerned about numbers. Its only for under 8s ? Thanks

It does depend on where you live - however, research I have done says that they are more likely to be concerned with under 8s and that's what FussyElmo was asking about...

If you are in any doubt then you should always check with planning rather than go ahead - because it is one of the Childcare Register requirements and the CR covers ages 5 - 17.