PDA

View Full Version : Is it wise?

Ebs71
29-06-2008, 11:23 AM
to start advertising whilst im waiting for CRB's to come back, they are at stage 4 at moment? If so any suggestions on how to explain that im waiting for cert to come before i can start working?

Im keen to get things rolling:)

karenjoy
29-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Yep I advertise on Netmums, just put in the process of registering.

I got hubbys CRB back yesterday, Have a little boy starting in Sept and had a few other enquirys.

Mollymop
29-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Hi, yes I would start to advertise now, I got my first enquiry from netmums while I was awaiting my checks to finalise. Plus my first mindee came from my advertisment at the local police control centre where my sister works. They waited for about 4 weeks for me to be registered and then signed up the very day my certificate arrived.

Pauline
29-06-2008, 01:20 PM
I would advertise, you might get someone who doesn't want you for a few months and you can book them in ready.

Good luck :)

Lottie
29-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Agree, you should advertise. I have had a couple of calls asking for childcare in January. Also September is coming up, right now seems to be a time when parents are busy looking for care.

Ebs71
29-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks, i have put myself on Netmums :clapping: ...... is there anywhere else you can recommend?

Is it worth advertising in shops etc or is that just a bad idea?

Sorry for all the questions but you all offer great advice on this site.... its a godsend xx

Mollymop
29-06-2008, 09:23 PM
There is a thread on here somewhere with loads of places, a list full of websites but I can't remember where. Have a search around or someone might be able to give you a link to it.

Mollymop
29-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Here i found it for you - a full list of places to advertise.

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3554&highlight=advertising

Ebs71
30-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Thankyou Sandra, very kind of you to look for me. I did try looking last night but couldn't find anything.

Thanks again xx :) :thumbsup:

Banana
30-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Yes,

definitely advertise. The first day my registration came through I had a child signed up because i'd advertised before hand. You can just tell parenst that you are waiting for your crb which shouldnt be too long- in saying that some crbs have been a nightmare but hopefully that wont be the case.

Its always good to get the enquries coming in, not everyone needs an immediate start.

Good luck!

x

Pedagog
01-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Just a small word of caution, a friend has had his CRB at stage 4 since the 30th April and it is still at stage 4, so it can take a while.

miss muffit
01-07-2008, 09:06 AM
I would advertise and i would got to your childminding group meetings and introduce yourself and at toddlers groups.

good luck :thumbsup: