PDA

View Full Version : Ive let it slip!!!

maryp0ppins
04-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Since the change in September I've been concentrating on the monthly plan sheet BUT haven't been writing any OBS. I've took pics of the things we've all been up to & can back track them by looking through daily diaries as I write a quick snippet for parents BUT that's it.

Someone please come & give me a smack round the back of the head, :(

blue bear
04-03-2013, 07:57 AM
:doh::doh::doh: but doesn't it feel good to just relax and enjoy the children :clapping:

loocyloo
04-03-2013, 08:07 AM
i changed the setting on my camera to put the date on every photo!

it makes doing that sort out of photos every so often so much easier !!!

i spent friday catching up with my LJ ... thought i was only a couple of weeks behind ( usually try to do a couple of minutes each day ) ... oops .... i was 6 weeks or more behind!

hectors house
04-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Don't worry - I quite often just take a photo and then a month later when I download them (well actually I can't download them - I have to wait for my husband to do it!), I have to think "why did I take that photo - what was the child doing" and then write up an observation. At least you have a photo to jog your memory - sometimes its the speech and language obs I struggle to write up as if we are out and about I can't always write it down or remember exactly what they said.

maryp0ppins
04-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Lol blue bear, yep!!

After reading a post last week I downloaded 2simple EYFS & this is my new LJ structure. Ill back track 6 months (flippin eck) & then crack on with my new found easy way of doing LJS :)

:-/ pulling my hair out.com !!!!!!

Koala
04-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Ha Ha Ha Ha :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: Thank god there is somebody else out there confessing :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

I always feel so naughty when I am not up to date :D which is generally all the time. but I do my best :rolleyes:

Zoomie
04-03-2013, 10:41 AM
In all honestly, I would do a couple of photo obs (where you can remember why you took the photo), and then just go forward as you mean to.

My own experience about being behind is I spend all that time catching up, so that I eventually get on track and then I am so fed up, I let it slip again, and the whole cycle starts again.

loocyloo
04-03-2013, 12:25 PM
i've found the simplest way not to get behind is NOT to have the camera to hand !!!

the children are always doing things i think are interesting/exciting/new and so i take photos - creating work!

when i didn't have a camera for a couple of weeks, i had a couple of written obs, but that was it !!! ;) and they were easy as i wrote them straight into the LJs!

jillplum
04-03-2013, 02:02 PM
I always make a promise to kkep the lj up to date and never do. Something else alwyas comes up. Ah well one of these days I will manage it.

PixiePetal
04-03-2013, 03:39 PM
I caught up on all 4 or mine up to mid Feb. Printed off photos today to do the past couple of weeks. Notes in my diary as well as photos to remind me :thumbsup:

I WILL NOT get behind again!

maryp0ppins
04-03-2013, 03:49 PM
I have 6 to catch up on!!!

So 6 months 1 OBS per month = 6, 6x6 = 36 OBS sheets........ I'm such an idiot!!!!

I will make a start this week I promise :-S

nipper
04-03-2013, 05:05 PM
So easily done though. More paperwork than when I used to be a teacher. :angry:

gef918
09-03-2013, 09:41 AM
A few months ago, I started e-mailing observations to parents every week. Sometimes it might be every other week, but knowing that they are expecting it generally gives me the motivation to keep up to date.

AND in my parents meetings yesterday, both parents said that they have been reading them! YAY!

Rick
09-03-2013, 10:07 AM
A few months ago, I started e-mailing observations to parents every week. Sometimes it might be every other week, but knowing that they are expecting it generally gives me the motivation to keep up to date.

AND in my parents meetings yesterday, both parents said that they have been reading them! YAY!

Yes I do something similar. I use Orbit Early Years (google it) to do my obs. Now when I save an assessment the parent gets an email and can view it! Parents love this! :thumbsup:

maryp0ppins
15-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Guess what.........

I'm bang up to date :-D NEVER EVER letting it slip that much again. Completely focused, 1-2 OBS per month per child. Bring it on xx

SJ35
15-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Yay! Well done!!

I have made an appt with my DO for 28th May as I need a kick to get up to date!
She laughed when I told her why I needed her to come around! X

maryp0ppins
15-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Yay! Well done!!

I have made an appt with my DO for 28th May as I need a kick to get up to date!
She laughed when I told her why I needed her to come around! X

It is so easy to let it slip. Hope you get yourself sorted xx

phoenix2010
15-05-2013, 04:11 PM
my son is going to his Dads this weekend , so guess what im doing
4 learning journeys and 4 termly evaluations ....oh joy :D

clareelizabeth1
15-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Well done for catching up.