PDA

View Full Version : Level 3 CYPW Diploma

Nicola Carlyle
04-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Hi.

I have just enrolled to start my course before the end of the month but just wondered if anybody had any advice for me and for those of you who have already done it, how long did it honestly take you to complete? I've been told it will take approx 1 year but could be 9 months! Any advice would be great. x

AgentTink
04-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Hi Nicola. I did my course in 6 months, but that in part was due to me having a fab assessor who visited every fortnight, and she was able to give me lots of support as well as do lots of observations of me whilst I was working. This meant that in some sections I didn't have to write too much as she would observe me and then ask me relevant questions.

Make sure you purchase the book by penny tasoni, it is all you really need along with some research off the internet. It is called the children and young peoples workforce.

I would set yourself 3 hours each week were you know that will be your study time to keep a good flow, as it will only take longer if you don't keep on top of each assignment.

Don't forget as well, that you can bullet point a lot of the answers, they don't all need to be essays.

Nicola Carlyle
04-03-2013, 08:21 AM
That's fantastic. I've also just taken on training to bring the Bristol standards into my setting which will take me a year as its cluster training based. Was hoping I would be able to finish the level 3 quicker. Excellent. Positive thinking all the way lol. X