PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so hard to get paid?

Little Pumpkins
29-06-2008, 06:23 AM
I childmind for the local council social servcises and theyre 7 weeks behinf paying now!!! I havnt had a thing from them since I stated. I have called and they keep telling me its coming.

Well its adding up now, does the council always run this far behind!

Also I mind for a childrens centre and theyre nearly three weeks behind

both together a total of £800. which is spending money for my holiday and granted not needed right now but I would prefer it paid and changed into dollars.

anna

Pedagog
29-06-2008, 08:30 AM
I have no experience of caring for the council, but in every aspect of dealing with them I have noticed how slow they are, unless of course they want money off you.

PS I notice from your location you are not far from me, we are in South Kirkby. My eldest children were playing in the band at Ryhill yesterday.

Twinkles
29-06-2008, 09:34 AM
I have done work for social services before and yes I'm afraid they are always slow at paying.:(

Mollymop
29-06-2008, 10:06 AM
It's very sad that you have to wait o long to get your money which is rightfully yours - why should you have to wait this long? They are not to know you don't need the cash right now as far as they know you could be needing it to pay bills or to buy essential things!

It would be a different matter if you owed the council money, they would be down on you like a tonne of bricks until you paid :mad:

miffy
29-06-2008, 11:06 AM
I have done work for social services before and yes I'm afraid they are always slow at paying.:(

Me too and it used to drive me mad

£800 is a lot of money to be owed - hope you get it soon

miffy xx

Trouble
29-06-2008, 11:15 AM
I would tell them that in a week you will suspend childcare until at least half is paid

angeldelight
29-06-2008, 02:12 PM
I have had this problem in the past

It seems to be the way they work

The last time though that I had to deal with them I got parent to sign a contract and I also got the social services to sign an agreement agreeing that they would pay me in advance for a months work and if they did not then they were liable for late fees

It worked

Maybe you could try it next time ? At the end of the day its your business so your rules

Give them a call and tell them you need your money

Angel xx