PDA

View Full Version : New to childminding & need a bit of help on child leaven ?

Hatchlings
02-03-2013, 09:16 PM
I have only been childminding since sept 2012 & i took on a baby for 1 hour per day 3 days per week mum has just lost her job and so wont need me i fully understand & i have said she only has to pay 2 weeks termination fee.

This is not the problem she has asked for me to hold on to her personal details incase i am needed again however she would like all other paperwork on her child & an end of contract summery on the child What is this & is there anyone out there who has done this before? ( i know when they leave start school etc its helpfull give a idea on development & the 2yr review but baby is 10 months old what am i being asked for ? any help be great or links to other templates i can view many thanks :thumbsup:

gef918
07-03-2013, 09:31 AM
For a ten month old, I would simply summarise any observations you have done across the 3 prime areas. Put it in simple language about what you have seen her child do in terms of making relationships, self-confidence, etc. I would also put a stage of development. If you have been completing observations regularly, it's not too tricky.

rosebud
07-03-2013, 09:59 AM
It sounds like she wants you to write a summative report - this is just a brief summary of the child's development at this moment in time. Have a look at the development matters stuff for Birth - 11 months and 8-20months for the prime areas - PSED, PD and C&L. (Its available in free resources as a free download) This will probably give you an idea of what you should be putting. Is she doing everything you would expect for her age group? You can link this to any observations you've done and just write a brief summary for each area. For example Physical Development "X is able to crawl and is beginning to pull herself up using the furniture, she is able to feed herself finger food using her whole hand and opens her mouth when being spoon fed, she uses a feeder cup with support". If you want to you can indicate on the report which age band the childs development falls into or whether she is 'meeting expectations' or 'exceeding expectations' but you don't have to do this. You can also indicate what the child's next steps should be. HTH