PDA

View Full Version : car valeting

emarshall82
27-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Can i put this thru my books. My car is in a complete state as midee has gotud all up the inside of doors. Seats and food everywhere. Also got dog mess in there.

hectors house
27-02-2013, 11:03 PM
My understanding is that you can put occasional valeting through your accounts if it needs doing because of childminding eg: mud or dog mess brought in on shoes or a child sick on the carpet or seats, this is a health issue but if I wanted to have my car valeted because the boot is covered in dog hair then I can't claim because it is my choice to take dogs in car and nothing to do with childminding. I don't allow children to eat in my car - I would be worried they may choke while i'm driving and they make too much mess!

I think that valeting is the only car expense you can claim separately for - all other expenses are included in which ever way you claim for your car ie: mileage amounts @ 45p a mile or depreciation method. I think it is similar to being able to claim to have your carpets in rooms used for childminding cleaned a couple of times a year.

Mr A should be able to clarify.

emarshall82
28-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Yeah normally we would do it ourself but its in such a state x

MrAnchovy
28-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Mr A should be able to clarify.

I can't make it any clearer than that :thumbsup:

emarshall82
28-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Perfect thankyou x