PDA

View Full Version : Uncollected child policy

sing-low
26-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Hi, I am in the process of registering and need some advice about writing an uncollected child policy, please. So I'm thinking of saying firstly will try and contact parents, then emergency contacts but what then? Is it Social Services next? That seems a bit extreme but what is the legal position? I'm planning to get Ofsted permission for overnight stays for emergencies so could keep children if absolutely necessary. Any advice gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

Tunja
26-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Hi, I am in the process of registering and need some advice about writing an uncollected child policy, please. So I'm thinking of saying firstly will try and contact parents, then emergency contacts but what then? Is it Social Services next? That seems a bit extreme but what is the legal position? I'm planning to get Ofsted permission for overnight stays for emergencies so could keep children if absolutely necessary. Any advice gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

There is information on policy writing at How to Write Childminding Policies & Procedures | Registered Childminding (http://www.childminding-success.co.uk/policies/writing-policies-and-procedures/)

If you have gone down your list of contacts and still no collection after two hours then I suggest social services.

Alternately if not collected its double time after six and if still not collected you could reserve the right to sell them on ebay.:laughing:

Tunja

RuthJ
26-02-2013, 09:14 PM
I am in wales, so might be a little different. But we have to ring parents, if no answer ring emergency contact. If no response and after a reasonable amount of time (you decide timescale) ring social services.

I'm pretty sure you couldn't keep overnight if you haven't had any contact with parents just to avoid getting social services involved - how would you know if parents were OK, child hadn't been abandoned etc?

HTH x

sing-low
27-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks, Tunja for the link, I hadn't come across that one before.

And thanks, RuthJ, I hadn't thought that one through properly. The plan was to have overnight permission for emergency care if a parent was unavoidably detained but of course that would be inappropriate if I hadn't heard from the parents. I hope I'll never have to deal with that one. It would be really hard to explain to the children.