PDA

View Full Version : Pricing

leah.kyranidis
26-02-2013, 10:02 AM
I have been approached by my first parent and don't know how to price! The 2 year old will be with me from 8.35-5.15 so I will do an hourly rate for her but the 5 year old is at school so I will be doin school drop offs and pick ups but and having him after school, but will be having him in school! Do I still charge for the time he is at school?

leah.kyranidis
26-02-2013, 10:06 AM
I meant will be having him in school holidays! X

shortstuff
26-02-2013, 10:20 AM
i would discuss with the parents what they would like you to do. Some will prefer to pay the same every month and others will pay as they go. If they would like to pay the same every month just work out the agreed timescale, work out all of the invoices for the duration and divide it up. I have done this for one family, worked it all out till dec 31st and divided by the number of months as they pay monthly. It could be a headache if they want to pay weekly. If not just invoice for the month approaching. HTH

leah.kyranidis
26-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Yes they would like to pay the same every month! So do I work out how many hours including the time he is at school, or work it out without the school hours, but addin the time in holidays! Sorry if I'm making this harder than it is, it's the first parent so trying to get my head around it x

shortstuff
26-02-2013, 10:33 AM
not a problem Leah,

just write up all of the invoices including all hours for both lo's for the rest of the year. Add them all together and divide by the number of months. is this a better explanation? if not pm me with your email address and i will try and help some more :)

vikiwizz
26-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Normally you don't charge when they are at school, just the hours you have him or if you do a minimum set hours?

You need to look at the school web site and work out school holidays so the time you will have him full time, add up those hours over the year an then also had the hours term time, ie the before and after school hours. Add these both together and divide by 12. Also remember inset days as you will have him then all day as well?

So if its done this way you have to be aware if they or you finishes the contract before re year is up they could owe you money or indeed you could owe them so it could get a little complicated doing it this way

leah.kyranidis
26-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Ok that makes more sense now, that's brilliant! Thank you so much for your help! X