PDA

View Full Version : Well done Sarah

jackie 7
25-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Just read your comments on the nursery world web site. Fantastic!!!

hectors house
25-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Thanks for posting - will take a look

AgentTink
25-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Well done Sarah :clapping: and everybody else behind the scenes who is supporting childminders

25-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Yes well done. I am glad that the NCA is looking publicly supportive too

sarah707
25-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Awww thank you Jackie!!

It was a bit alarming before when I opened my emails and there I was smiling at myself :p

Well done to Jojo who has a letter on the letters page as well... and to Nursery World for fighting our corner yet again :cheerleader:

FussyElmo
25-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Excellent article Sarah :clapping::clapping::clapping:

And one of the comments was mine :D can show dh that yes sometimes I do make sense :laughing::laughing:

sarah707
25-02-2013, 06:21 PM
I have just sent an email to Neil Leitch at PLA about the final section of the article which concerns me - I sent a scan of the article as well -

Hi, my name is Sarah Neville and (scarily) it’s my photo in the first article on this attachment in Nursery World magazine today!

I notice at the end of the report a Dept for Education spokesman says that Ms Truss has consulted with PLA about agencies.

I was under the impression from my colleagues that PLA were supporting childminders in our fight against agencies? The way this is phrased, it sounds very much like Ms Truss has consulted with PLA and found the answers she needs to carry on with her highly unpopular plan!

I was wondering if PLA will be responding to this?

Best regards, etc.

I will let you know if I get a reply :D

The Juggler
25-02-2013, 06:33 PM
I have just sent an email to Neil Leitch at PLA about the final section of the article which concerns me - I sent a scan of the article as well -

Hi, my name is Sarah Neville and (scarily) it’s my photo in the first article on this attachment in Nursery World magazine today!

I notice at the end of the report a Dept for Education spokesman says that Ms Truss has consulted with PLA about agencies.

I was under the impression from my colleagues that PLA were supporting childminders in our fight against agencies? The way this is phrased, it sounds very much like Ms Truss has consulted with PLA and found the answers she needs to carry on with her highly unpopular plan!

I was wondering if PLA will be responding to this?

Best regards, etc.

I will let you know if I get a reply :D

off to read the NW article now. Good letter above too Sarah. I see she loves to manipulate what she does and says. Same with the northampton minders - she will be saying, we consulted with minders who were 'for' the agency model - forgetting to add she only invited those who were 'for' in the first place. :angry::angry:

I have a batch of posters/leaflets with links to the consultaitons - I'm going armed to all the groups this week that I attend.

sarah707
26-02-2013, 08:48 PM
I have heard back from PLA - a lovely email which says what I thought all along - the comment at the end of the article from D of E is not indicative of their stance at all :(:(

If anyone has any doubts about their feelings regarding agencies they should read this article -

Childminders' professionalism at risk with introduction of agencies | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/1170223/)

And I believe they will be making another statement shortly to clarify their position to Ms Truss who seems to be totally ignoring everyone who advises her! :(