PDA

View Full Version : Registering Husband as Assistant

Louise_Oaktree
25-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Sorry if this has recently been covered, I have done a search but only bringing up out of date info...

I want to register my husband as my assistant so he can be left alone with the children to enable me to attend routine appointments etc (he has a full time job but works flexi time).

I have completed the EY2 form and have received a reply from Ofsted stating he is suitable to work with children (title states suitability decision). He has done his safeguarding and Paediatric First Aid, what else do I need to do apart from written permission from parents? Do I still need to complete something else to ask for him to be registered as my assistant or is that now not required under the new EYFS? I will not be increasing my numbers.

Louise

suziealderton
19-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Sorry if this has recently been covered, I have done a search but only bringing up out of date info...

I want to register my husband as my assistant so he can be left alone with the children to enable me to attend routine appointments etc (he has a full time job but works flexi time).

I have completed the EY2 form and have received a reply from Ofsted stating he is suitable to work with children (title states suitability decision). He has done his safeguarding and Paediatric First Aid, what else do I need to do apart from written permission from parents? Do I still need to complete something else to ask for him to be registered as my assistant or is that now not required under the new EYFS? I will not be increasing my numbers.

Louise

hi louise, have you found out anymore about this? thankyou x

shortstuff
19-04-2013, 04:19 PM
as far as im aware that is all you need to do. I will be watching this thread as I have registered my OH. He helped me on a day trip recently and routinely helps me to put them in the car in the mornings.

Chatterbox Childcare
19-04-2013, 05:22 PM
you also need employers liability insurance, even if you are not paying him it is a requirement

Nicola Carlyle
19-04-2013, 05:35 PM
you also need employers liability insurance, even if you are not paying him it is a requirement

Where do you get that from? My public liability is with NCMA (PACEY). Do I need another independent insurance or can I add this on to my public liability? Sorry to ask but this is all new to me. xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
19-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Where do you get that from? My public liability is with NCMA (PACEY). Do I need another independent insurance or can I add this on to my public liability? Sorry to ask but this is all new to me. xxx

You need to be covered and can get this from PACEY for free if you are using a student or £5 if not. If a child came to you with HIV and you didn't know and someone caught it, they would use your employers liability for cover and you PL wouldn't do this

moggy
19-04-2013, 07:55 PM
You need to be covered and can get this from PACEY for free if you are using a student or £5 if not. If a child came to you with HIV and you didn't know and someone caught it, they would use your employers liability for cover and you PL wouldn't do this

It is free but needs to be activated:

See Pacey website: employer’s liability insurance-

"If you employ an assistant or another childminder, by law, you need to hold employer’s liability insurance and display an employer’s liability certificate. You will also need one if you are going to be working with a student.

If you’re a member of PACEY who holds PACEY public liability insurance, underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc, this already includes employer’s liability insurance. However, you will need to contact PACEY to activate this element of your insurance and obtain a certificate."

Chatterbox Childcare
19-04-2013, 08:05 PM

"If you employ an assistant or another childminder, by law, you need to hold employer’s liability insurance and display an employer’s liability certificate. You will also need one if you are going to be working with a student.

If you’re a member of PACEY who holds PACEY public liability insurance, underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc, this already includes employer’s liability insurance. However, you will need to contact PACEY to activate this element of your insurance and obtain a certificate."

Excellent - it has changed and is FREE!

Louise_Oaktree
22-04-2013, 11:58 AM
My Insurance is with Morton Michelle which automatically includes employers' liability insurance but I hadn't thought of that and will share with my network thanks :)

moggy
22-04-2013, 12:15 PM

Just phoned them, the insurance is included but to obtain a certificate, guess what... it costs £5! :(

Chatterbox Childcare
22-04-2013, 12:25 PM
:):):):):):)

Just phoned them, the insurance is included but to obtain a certificate, guess what... it costs £5! :(

Nicola Carlyle
22-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Ok so if I have an assistant who is self employed do I still need employers liability?

winstonian
22-04-2013, 07:31 PM
With Pacey you can now print your certificates online. I've done mine and they look fine.

moggy
22-04-2013, 07:42 PM
With Pacey you can now print your certificates online. I've done mine and they look fine.

Is that your Pacey membership certificate? or the employers liability insurance certificate?